Facebook issue

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Brian

Facebook issue

Unread post by Brian » 2017-10-20, 01:09

If I try to post a new comment on a facebook page, if I paste a link, the whole "Write something on this page" section disappears, so there's no longer anywhere to enter the comment. Is this a PM issue? All add-ons are disabled. Just recently started happening.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Facebook issue

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-10-20, 01:33

Do you get this posting a FB comment?:
Do you get this posting a FB comment.png
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-10-20, 01:38

Tried "make a post" with link and right after entering the link the entire page gets grayed out and the post area disappears with only this
x on entire grayed-out FB page.png
x on entire grayed-out FB page.png (802 Bytes) Viewed 698 times
on the entire grayed-out FB page when clicked on reactivates (no more gray-out) the entire page which then has to be refreshed to get back the "make a post" area again. Is this similar to what you get?

I don't use FB, only have it whenever I need to go see something that might be posted in a blog etc, so do not know much about FB.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Brian

Unread post by Brian » 2017-10-20, 01:43

No, I don't even get to the security check. The whole comment entry section just disappears, and what's below it (usually photos/videos) moves up to take it's place.
I've tried PM, and PM Portable (with only one add-on installed - ublock origin, but it disabled for the page). Both do it.

badnick
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by badnick » 2017-10-20, 04:56

I just posted same thing yesterday.
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17091
Seems that Facebook do dirty things again because it worked untill 18 oct.
Windows 10 pro /64 (version 1809)
PM last/64

badnick
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by badnick » 2017-10-20, 05:09

Last hour: is working again! Probably It was just a Facebook "experiment".
Windows 10 pro /64 (version 1809)
PM last/64

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-10-20, 07:34

Yep, not getting that strange stuff from FB anymore, really weird that was happening for awhile. :wtf: