AmericanExpress.com Blank dashboard page Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
rrsportsc
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

AmericanExpress.com Blank dashboard page

Unread post by rrsportsc » 2017-10-16, 23:09

After logging in I get a blank page "https://global.americanexpress.com/dashboard".

I can move around the website and get other pages but this is the first one after logging in..

Same problem on Linux ubuntu 17.04 64bit and Windows10 64bit.

Using Palemoon 27.5.1 on both, tried safe mode, same issue.

No problem using IE11 on Windows10.

Pretty sure it started after upgrading to Palemoon 27.5.1.

paulri
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: AmericanExpress.com Blank dashboard page

Unread post by paulri » 2017-10-16, 23:26

Same problem with me. I don't have links around the website to go to, but yeah after logging in, the entire page is blank. Restarting in safe mode doesn't get me any better results. Works fine with Vivaldi. Running Windows 10.
Paul

If you have found a solution to your problem, please click on the check mark icon of the post that answers your question, so as to alert others who have the same problem.

GMforker

Unread post by GMforker » 2017-10-17, 05:24

The user agent sniffing.

about:config

e.g.:

Code: Select all

general.useragent.override.americanexpress.com = Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.9 (Pale Moon)

wlfit

Unread post by wlfit » 2017-10-17, 05:38

What if you add

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:47.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/47.0
in the useragent for that particular website?

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-10-17, 07:07

wlfit wrote:What if you add

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:47.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/47.0
in the useragent for that particular website?
Adding this UAO would appear to do the job as well since the log-in page renders successfully using this UAO (whereas without it this is not the case).
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

rrsportsc
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by rrsportsc » 2017-10-17, 13:23

I did change the compatibility mode to "Firefox" and that never fixed the issue. Adding "general.useragent.override.americanexpress.com" did.

I'm confused.. thought changing the mode from the menu is the same as general.useragent.override from about config.

Anyway it's fixed and thanks for the help..

paulri
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by paulri » 2017-10-17, 13:25

Yes, that did it. Thanks for the code.
Paul

If you have found a solution to your problem, please click on the check mark icon of the post that answers your question, so as to alert others who have the same problem.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-10-17, 15:31

rrsportsc wrote:I did change the compatibility mode to "Firefox" and that never fixed the issue. Adding "general.useragent.override.americanexpress.com" did.

I'm confused.. thought changing the mode from the menu is the same as general.useragent.override from about config.

Anyway it's fixed and thanks for the help..
The former "Compatibility: User Agent Mode" is the specific user agent being used globally. The latter, the "general.useragent.override.americanexpress.com" in this case is an Override specific to that website only used to trick UA sniffing done by websites that try to determine if you are using a specific browser version. Those websites that are doing the UA sniffing have it in their minds that they want to require a minimum version which in virtually all cases is not necessary so the UA Override is simply a method to work around this.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

rrsportsc
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by rrsportsc » 2017-10-17, 16:40

Thanks for the info..

As it is now I have 44 "general.useragent.overrides" in about.config.

Just was TOO lazy to add another one for AmericanExpress.. OH WELL...

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-10-17, 16:53

rrsportsc wrote:Thanks for the info..

Off-topic:
Actually the Pale Moon browser already has a number of "default" UAO prefs. I've got 29 that I've either added or modified from default and there are another 25 that I currently have that remain as the browser default UAO's for a total of 54.

redblade7

Unread post by redblade7 » 2017-10-27, 17:58

rrsportsc wrote:Thanks for the info..

I have been keeping track of useragent overrides in this thread.