Having problems with a website

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
zoxim

Having problems with a website

Unread post by zoxim » 2017-10-15, 21:29

The website teaches Spanish language verbs. It is http://verbly.io/
I get a completely blank page in Pale Moon. It works in Firefox and Chrome. I tried user agent switcher to no avail. I tried Pale Moon with add-ons disabled with the same results.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Having problems with a website

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-10-15, 22:35

Same results here as well in Pale Moon. :(
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-10-15, 23:07

There's certainly something wrong there. After almost a minute, it had finally transferred all of 18MB of JS (of a file that was marked as being only 1 MB...?) before halting.

At that point, it complained about JavaScript "classes", which may be the root cause of the problem, but with that kind of a JS-blob it's anyone's guess.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

zoxim

Unread post by zoxim » 2017-10-15, 23:16

I notice in the Browser Console it says "SyntaxError: class is a reserved identifier". Googling that brings up a mozilla developer page that says Javascript classes started being supported in FF45, Chrome 49, etc. and not at all in IE, so I tried it in IE and got the same blank page. I'm guessing this isn't supported in PM so far.
'

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-10-15, 23:25

JavaScript Classes (which are syntactic sugar more than anything else) aren't supported in Pale Moon yet, correct.
See also: Issue #1243 A bounty is available for anyone completing its implementation.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

ManaUser

Unread post by ManaUser » 2018-03-04, 20:25

I hope this gets fixed, it's starting to be more common.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-03-07, 09:38

It's not that simple. ES6 classes is trying to force a language spec into JS that is alien to it and has a lot of pitfalls and risks attached to it.

If people want to become a web developer, they should be learning the core of the main scripting language in use on it, instead of trying to impose different language ideas upon it.

Sajadi
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Sajadi » 2018-03-07, 10:42

ManaUser wrote:I hope this gets fixed, it's starting to be more common.
Good and nice, but that requires someone with special knowledge in that category, ecmascript specifications are a completely different beast. So, if you know someone who has coding knowledge and could implement that or can be of any help, feel free to forward them to Moonchild :)