Paypal Me

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Nothingness

Paypal Me

Unread post by Nothingness » 2017-10-15, 16:59

I'm not capable of accessing the Paypal.Me webpage to create a page there, or send money to people who send me their Paypal.Me links. I have 27.5.1 Pale Moon. I get that error message:

" doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (site) isn't associated with any program."

I'd be happy for any help.
Last edited by Nothingness on 2017-10-15, 17:28, edited 1 time in total.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Paypal Me

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-10-15, 17:18

I am able to send money (email address of my Paypal account to an email address of another persons Paypal account) successfully.

Have you tested using Pale Moon in "safe-mode" (Help>Restart with Add-ons Disabled...., click "continue in Safe Mode" button to do this)

Using Pale Moon 27.5.1 on Windows 7.
Paypal 1.png
Paypal 2.png
If the issue persists in "safe-mode", please provide more details as to what exactly you are doing and how it fails to execute what you want done. If it works in "safe-mode" then determine the add-on that is likely interfering with Paypal (you can post your list of add-ons here in this topic).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Nothingness

Unread post by Nothingness » 2017-10-16, 03:21

I've tried putting the browser in safe mode and I cannot access the pages. You're not talking about the right thing at all. PayPal.Me is something else.

https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/grab

I created my PayPal Me page there, which is

paypal.me/thealienshavelanded

And I cannot access it. Also, I've tried to send money to friends through their Paypal.Me pages, and I'm not capable of accessing them either.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-10-16, 05:13

Are you Chantal D[remainder of last name removed for privacy] in P[remainder of city removed for privacy], CA?
PM user with paypal.me account.png
So are you saying that you are unable to get Pale Moon to render this page?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Nothingness

Unread post by Nothingness » 2017-10-16, 05:28

Yes, I am that person and my browser does not render the page, that and the other people's pages.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-10-16, 05:39

Nothingness wrote:Yes, I am that person and my browser does not render the page, that and the other people's pages.
Okay, so if am able to render this and you are not then you might consider testing the site using a clean profile.

Nothingness

Unread post by Nothingness » 2017-10-16, 05:44

A clean profile? How do you do that?

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-10-16, 05:46

Take a look at THIS post.

Nothingness

Unread post by Nothingness » 2017-10-16, 17:26

I use the portable version so it does not work.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-10-16, 18:46

Okay, just to clarify: Then you do not have the Pale Moon browser integrated with the desktop?

So then you are running the portable as intended and running Portable Pale Moon from removable media? (FYI: Pale Moon portable's default settings has inherently slow acces and is specifically designed to take with you on removable media.)

I'm assuming you are running the portable Pale Moon browser using "palemoon-portable.exe" on the portable media location where you unpacked the installation file and not attempting to use as a desktop browser (i.e not using "palemoon.exe", otherwise your profile data will be stored in Win7 AppData).

FYI, here is a link to details regarding Portable Pale Moon: http://www.palemoon.org/palemoon-portable.shtml.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-10-16, 19:15

Considering the error is:

" doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (site) isn't associated with any program."

It looks like you're trying to open the site with an address that has "site:" at the start of it.
"site:" is not a valid protocol. I'm sure you intended to use "https:" instead. Please check your addresses.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Nothingness

Unread post by Nothingness » 2017-10-18, 08:22

I use the portable Pale Moon on my hard disk, not on an external media. I generally use the portable versions of applications for safety, on another hard disk or partition, in case anything happens on C: virus, hard disk failing, etc. so I don't lose any of my datas.

Also, Pale Moon do not load the pages of Paypal.Me at all, and I tried the pages with other browsers and it's one of the other one that gave that message.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-10-18, 10:03

Did you even read any of our replies?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Nothingness

Unread post by Nothingness » 2017-10-18, 20:45

Yes I did, and you have not given me any solution so far, well, might have worked if I did not have the portable Pale Moon version, but like I said, I try to keep most datas and applications off of the C, in case anything happens. And you may say whatever you want on the Portable page, that it's solely for external hard disks or USB drives, but keeping most everything off of C is safer. I've had a computer for 20 years, and at the beginning on Windows 98SE, had to format C a few times due to virus, same happened when I switched to XP. Now on Windows 7 it's hard disk failing that I had to endure on my old computer, but I got a new one this year. I would have lost my datas many times over if I did not use portable applications and kept most of my datas on another hard disk and partition.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-10-19, 11:03

Please verify the addresses you're trying to use. This has nothing to do with where you store your data.

The error you see can only be thrown if your address (URL) starts with "site:" and you try to open that in the browser.
If you still can't figure it out, please post the exact addresses you're using in your bookmarks/shortcuts/etc.

Nothingness

Unread post by Nothingness » 2017-10-20, 07:38

The URL I'm trying to reach is

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-10-20, 08:28

Nothingness wrote:The URL I'm trying to reach is

This is your paypal.me link (paypal.me/thealenshavelanded) which is what you should send to someone who you want them to send money to your paypal.me account (i.e. PayPal.Me/thealienshavelanded/25 to ask for $25.00).

And you are saying that when you put your paypal.me link in your browser address bar you do not get this?:
PM user with paypal.me account.png
You should get the screen-shot above for your paypal.me link just as I do for mine:
my paypal.me link.png

Nothingness

Unread post by Nothingness » 2017-10-21, 19:23

No, it's what I get:

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-10-21, 20:37

Try clear Paypal.com cookies....

Step 1: Make sure you are on the Palpal.com log-in website page and click where you see the paypal icon pointed out by the arrow in the top-left corner in the browser address bar which will open the interface you see and then click on the "Information" button:
clear pp cookies 1.png
Step 2: Click on View Cookies button
clear PP cookies 2.png
Step 3: make sure the top search box has "paypal.com" in it then select all cookies, click on top cookie then scroll down and hold down the shift-key and click on the bottom cookie in the list of cookies so all cookies are selected then click on the "Remove Cookies" button
clear PP cookies 3.png
Now test the website to see if this helped.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-10-21, 20:41

If no help doing the above (clearing all paypal.com cookies) then you could try flushing your DNS cache which can sometimes get corrupted for a site by doing exactly the following steps:

1. Click the Microsoft logo in the bottom left corner of the screen
2. Click All Programs
3. Click Accessories
4. RIGHT-click on Command Prompt
5. Select "Run As Administrator"
6. In the command window type the following and then hit enter: ipconfig /flushdns
7. You will see the following confirmation: "Windows IP Configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache."

Test the Paypal site once again....