Blank Image Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
brlou

Blank Image

Unread post by brlou » 2017-10-13, 21:51

Hello,

I have been using Pale Moon Portable and decided to download the computer based browser. It works fine with a small hiccup.

When I go to YouTube and watch a video the videos at the side are all blank. There are no pictures.
When I go to amazon.com and do a search, there are no pictures in the search results.
When I go to accuweather's hurricane tracker, the map does not show up. https://www.accuweather.com/en/hurricane/tracker
These work fine with Firefox, Chrome and Pale Moon Portable. I tried restarting with addons disabled and the same thing happens.

Any Idea what I can do to get it to show properly?

Here is the data on my computer and the Troubleshooting Information is below it. Thank you for your time.
Windows 7 Home Premium - Service Pack 1
Pale Moon 32-bit
4GB RAM
2.60GHz processor
64-bit operating system

Application Basics
------------------

Name: Pale Moon
Version: 27.5.1
Build ID: 20171007103905
Update Channel: default
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.9) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/3.3 Firefox/52.9 PaleMoon/27.5.1
Multiprocess Windows: 0/1 (default: false)
Safe Mode: false

Extensions
----------

Name: checkCompatibility
Version: 1.3.1-signed.1-signed
Enabled: true
ID: check-compatibility@dactyl.googlecode.com

Name: Forecast & Weather on the Side
Version: 1.2.0
ID: {1b6b1e6f-d8ac-4cdf-9ead-4719b7e25a0e}

Name: FoxClocks
Version: 4.2.3
ID: {d37dc5d0-431d-44e5-8c91-49419370caa1}

Name: IE Tab 2 (FF 3.6+)
Version: 6.2.18.1
ID: {1BC9BA34-1EED-42ca-A505-6D2F1A935BBB}

Name: Map This
Version: 0.3.1.1-signed.1-signed.1-signed
ID: {05f6a7ea-896b-11da-8bde-f66bad1e3f3a}

Name: Print Edit
Version: 18.3
ID: printedit@DW-dev

Name: Tab Mix Plus
Version: 0.5.0.4
ID: {dc572301-7619-498c-a57d-39143191b318}

Name: Toolbar Buttons
Version: 1.1.1-signed.1-signed
ID: {03B08592-E5B4-45ff-A0BE-C1D975458688}

Name: Vertical Toolbar
Version: 1.0.16
ID: verticaltoolbar@xuldev.org

Name: ImageBlock
Version: 3.1
Enabled: false
ID: imageblock@hemantvats.com

Graphics
--------

Adapter Description: Intel(R) HD Graphics
Adapter Drivers: igdumd64 igd10umd64 igd10umd64 igdumd32 igd10umd32 igd10umd32
Adapter RAM: Unknown
Device ID: 0x0102
Direct2D Enabled: true
DirectWrite Enabled: true (6.2.9200.22164)
Driver Date: 3-19-2012
Driver Version: 8.15.10.2696
GPU #2 Active: false
GPU Accelerated Windows: 1/1 Direct3D 11 (OMTC)
Subsys ID: 2ac2103c
Vendor ID: 0x8086
WebGL Renderer: Google Inc. -- ANGLE (Intel(R) HD Graphics Direct3D9Ex vs_3_0 ps_3_0)
windowLayerManagerRemote: true
AzureCanvasBackend: direct2d 1.1
AzureContentBackend: direct2d 1.1
AzureFallbackCanvasBackend: cairo
AzureSkiaAccelerated: 0

Important Modified Preferences
------------------------------

accessibility.typeaheadfind: true
accessibility.typeaheadfind.flashBar: 0
browser.cache.disk.capacity: 358400
browser.cache.disk.smart_size.first_run: false
browser.cache.disk.smart_size.use_old_max: false
browser.download.importedFromSqlite: true
browser.places.smartBookmarksVersion: 4
browser.startup.homepage_override.buildID: 20171007103905
browser.startup.homepage_override.mstone: 3.3.0
browser.tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent: true
browser.tabs.loadInBackground: false
browser.tabs.warnOnClose: false
dom.disable_open_during_load: false
dom.ipc.plugins.enabled.npietab2.dll: true
extensions.checkCompatibility.27.5: false
extensions.checkCompatibility.nightly: false
extensions.lastAppVersion: 27.5.1
gfx.direct3d.last_used_feature_level_idx: 0
image.http.accept: image/webp,image/jxr,image/png,image/*;q=0.8,*/*;q=0.5
network.cookie.prefsMigrated: true
permissions.default.image: 3
places.database.lastMaintenance: 1507658907
places.history.expiration.transient_current_max_pages: 104858
plugin.importedState: true
plugin.load_in_parent_process.application/ietab2: true
privacy.cpd.extensions-tabmix: false
privacy.donottrackheader.enabled: true
privacy.donottrackheader.value: 1
privacy.sanitize.migrateFx3Prefs: true
privacy.sanitize.timeSpan: 0
security.disable_button.openCertManager: false
storage.vacuum.last.index: 1
storage.vacuum.last.places.sqlite: 1507658907

Important Locked Preferences
----------------------------

Places Database
---------------

JavaScript
----------

Incremental GC: true

Accessibility
-------------

Activated: false
Prevent Accessibility: 1

Library Versions
----------------

NSPR
Expected minimum version: 4.16
Version in use: 4.16

NSS
Expected minimum version: 3.32.1
Version in use: 3.32.1

NSSSMIME

NSSSSL

NSSUTIL

Experimental Features
---------------------

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Blank Image

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-10-13, 23:03

Welcome to the forum brlou,
When I go to YouTube and watch a video the videos at the side are all blank. There are no pictures.
Here is a topic related to this involving issues with the new YouTube design: Palemoon 27.5 x64 and YouTube: issues.
When I go to amazon.com and do a search, there are no pictures in the search results.
When I go to accuweather's hurricane tracker, the the map does not show up.
No problems with Amazon website using Pale Moon 27.5.1 on Windows 7 Home Premium and the Interactive Hurricane map does display as illustrated below:
Hurricane Map.png
Since the sites work for me in the current Pale Moon release you might consider testing the sites using Pale Moon in "safe-mode" (Help>Restart with Add-ons Disabled... click on "continue in Safe Mode" button) to eliminate the possibility that add-ons are interfering.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-10-14, 08:19

^ Follow-up: another topic on YouTube Problems with 27.5.1 you might consider looking at.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-10-14, 15:47

^ Followup to last post regarding YouTube to provide more specific info that works for me using new YouTube Dark theme:

If you are using the Dark Theme for YouTube, well it works for me (Pale Moon 27.5.1) using this UA Override: general.useragent.override.youtube.com set to Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:55.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/55.0. You would need to go to about:config (type about:config in address bar) and then modify the YouTube UA Override preference setting (or add it if preference does not exist) by doing a right-click anywhere in the settings area selecting "Modify">"String" and entering the first part in the first prompt and the second part in the second prompt (or if the UA Override setting exists simply double-click on the existing setting and add the second part to the "string" prompt you get.)

brlou

Unread post by brlou » 2017-10-17, 20:39

Pale Moon Rising, thanks for the reply.

I have tried it with the add-ons disabled and have the same problem. The images below are with add-ons disabled.
1. If you look at the Hurricane Tracker snip you'll see that even the advertisement at the top of the page does not show up.
2. Amazon's Homepage is not showing any pictures.
3. The problem with Youtube isn't just the viewer page. The search page is not showing any images although the links work.
4. And although the video will play, the images on the right are not showing.
As I said, Pale Moon Portable, installed Firefox and installed Chrome all work fine.
Hurricant Tracker Snip.PNG
Amazon's Homepage.PNG
Youtube Snip 1.PNG
Youtube Snip 2.PNG

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-10-17, 21:47

If you are using the current Pale Moon 27.5.1 version then since you are using the old YouTube interface make sure you are using the default UAO for Youtube: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0 PaleMoon/27.5.1

If not then right-click on the UAO pref "general.useragent.override.youtube.com" and select "Reset" from the context menu (this should help the old YouTube version you are using render better).

You could alternately test both sites (accuweather and YouTube using a clean Pale Moon Profile to see if this resolves the issues for both sites.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2017-10-18, 05:57

brlou wrote:Any Idea what I can do to get it to show properly?

Looking at your settings listed in the original post, it appears you've set Pale Moon to only load images from the originating server. (You have permissions.default.image set to 3). (See here.) This would explain the map (from Bing) not loading on Accuweather, or images (from ytimg.com) not loading on YouTube or images (from ssl-images-amazon.com ?) not loading on Amazon.

Try resetting that preference back to its default value so that images from third-party servers can load.

There are a few different ways to do this...
  • Go to about:config, find permissions.default.image. Right-click on it and choose "Reset".
  • Or...
    Go to Options >> Content tab >> "Load images:" and set images to load "Automatically"
    image-prefs.png
  • Or...
    Open the Permissions Manager (about:permissions), select All Sites, and set Load Images to "Allow".
    permissions-images.png

brlou

Unread post by brlou » 2017-10-18, 14:08

Coffeebreak,

That was it! All of the before mentioned websites are showing up normally.

I figured that it was something in the settings but went through it a few times and couldn't find what was wrong.
Thanks a lot!
I do not know how to mark a topic as "closed" but this one is.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-10-18, 17:28

You can do the following to mark topic solved:
Solved Check Mark.png
Solved Check Mark.png (1.43 KiB) Viewed 599 times
Addendum: just noticed the topic is already marked solved.