Pale Moon address bar results using start.me Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Pale Moon address bar results using start.me

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-09-26, 01:55

What I get after a page has completely loaded as a result of clicking on a page link on my start.me page is the text "Search or enter address" in the address bar. While the page is loading I will get the URL but then the address bar changes to this text once the page load completes.

This does not occur with other browsers using start.me (i.e. FF) so this change to the address bar corresponds with Pale Moon using start.me start page (other start pages in Pale Moon keep the URL in the address bar).

I would like to continue to see the URL displayed in the Pale Moon address bar after the page finishes loading.

While the page loads in Pale Moon:
want to see this when page is done loading.png
want to see this when page is done loading.png (2.8 KiB) Viewed 617 times
which is what I want to see at all times but just in Pale Moon I get this after pages loads:
do NOT want to see this when page is done loading.png
do NOT want to see this when page is done loading.png (2.96 KiB) Viewed 617 times
Since other browser do not do this and other start pages do not do this in Pale Moon it seems to be related to Pale Moon using start.me.

I have keyword.enable set to "false" so I do not want searches in the URL bar anyway.

I have submitted a request to start.me regarding this, but since other browser do not do the same thing but instead keep the URL after the page loads while Pale Moon changes the address bar to "Search or enter address" it would seem that possibly Pale Moon is responsible for this.

Would start.me users please confirm. :D

thanks in advance. :D
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Pale Moon address bar results using start.me

Unread post by adesh » 2017-09-26, 07:10

Going to https://palemoon.start.me/start and clikcing "Pale Moon home" bring me to the page with address bar filled in. So, no issues here. It might be one of your extensions clearing the address bar.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-09-26, 07:25

This is not standard behavior. The "search or enter address" placeholder has nothing to do with start.me or searching with keywords/from the address bar being enabled or not -- it's a placeholder text when the address has been cleared.
What extensions are you using that modify the address bar?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-09-26, 08:11

It was an extension I recently added, many thanks for the feedback. :thumbup: (should have thought of this, my bad :oops:)
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-09-27, 07:11

Out of curiosity: which extension was the culprit?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-09-27, 07:55

Moonchild wrote:Out of curiosity: which extension was the culprit?
Custom New Tab which has an option to "Make URL bar empty". (kind of embarrassed to say because it was the extension I had just recently added and was an obvious one to figure would have caused the problem. :oops: .... but had forgotten I had enabled that option)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-09-27, 08:09

Pale Moon Rising wrote:
Moonchild wrote:Out of curiosity: which extension was the culprit?
Custom New Tab which has an option to "Make URL bar empty". (kind of embarrassed to say because it was the extension I had just recently added and was an obvious one to figure would have caused the problem. :oops: .... but had forgotten I had enabled that option)
Ah ok, not an unwanted side-effect then, but by design by the extension. All right.

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2017-10-05, 20:47

Pale Moon Rising wrote:Custom New Tab which has an option to "Make URL bar empty".
Do you mean this one: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... m-new-tab/ ?
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-10-05, 23:22

gracious1 wrote: Do you mean this one: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... m-new-tab/ ?
Yes (which gives me more choices (i.e URL's) than the three of either blank, Pale Moon start or Quickdial pages that Pale Moon provides).