Sync question

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Splat
Moonbather
Moonbather

Sync question

Unread post by Splat » 2017-09-22, 23:48

Never used sync before and have a question about it. If I set up a PC with PM and sync it to PM's server is it possible to reinstall PM later and get all my settings that were synced back onto that same PC? If so, how would this be done because I tried it and it doesn't appear I can do this. Thank you.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Sync question

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-09-22, 23:52

Please read the general information about the Sync service, especially the part "what is Pale Moon Sync NOT for". (it is not for backup purposes).
http://www.palemoon.org/sync/

If you want to backup your profile you can use the Pale Moon backup tool available on the website or any other backup tool of your choice.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Splat
Moonbather
Moonbather

Re: Sync question

Unread post by Splat » 2017-09-22, 23:57

Right. No problems. Thanks.