tiny window with "chromium render s..." Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
bigjohns

tiny window with "chromium render s..."

Unread post by bigjohns » 2017-09-18, 19:12

So I've got this tiny little window that has no close buttons, and right click on the title bar brings up no options.
The window title says "chromium render s...", and has just a black line. it's maybe 100px wide? I know it's part of palemoon process (or i guess I suppose it is) because when I shrink all to desktop (use the start bar "show desktop" option to minimize all windows) and then bring up ONE of my 2 windows (which one does not matter) of Pale Moon it pops up too, in the top left corner.

any thoughts??

doofy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: tiny window with "chromium render s..."

Unread post by doofy » 2017-09-18, 19:43

Is it there in safe mode?

bigjohns

Unread post by bigjohns » 2017-09-18, 19:46

Just saw it today. i'm going to reboot the whole computer later. I can't see anything with a similar label in task-manager - even under processes. It does not seem to be harmful, but it's ODD?

doofy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by doofy » 2017-09-18, 19:58

Safe mode:

Help / Restart with addons disabled.

A useful diagnostic.

bigjohns

Unread post by bigjohns » 2017-10-19, 14:01

just to bring this to a close...
vboxheadless is the culprit, not PaleMoon or any browser at all.

I have a win10 VM running, and, as win10 is about as stable as a 2 wheeled tricycle, when it crashes in the vm sometimes it leaves a tiny 'window' behind.

found that by using winlister from nirsoft. << full credit!

John