Secure Connection Failed Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
smason

Secure Connection Failed

Unread post by smason » 2017-07-26, 14:01

So I've seen this before but now this is really starting to be a problem. For better or worse I rely on Google.
Google Secure Connection failed
Google Secure Connection failed
I have also set in about:config security.tls.version.min to 0. Anything else to check? This has been happening frequently now on and off since upgrading to Version: 27.4.0 (64-bit).

It happens on and off and the behavior is inconsistent. For example now I'm able to get to Google, two minutes after grabbing that screenshot. But I think it will happen again as it happens a few times per day.

smason

Re: Secure Connection Failed

Unread post by smason » 2017-07-26, 14:10

For some reason I don't think telling Google to fix their security will work. Guaranteed they will roll their eyes :roll: and maybe laugh :lol: .

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2017-07-26, 15:21

Please post the 'Technical Details' section of your error message so that others can better help you.
It's in the lower half of the message, and you might have to click for full display.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-07-26, 15:27

Have you tried clearing cache?
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

smason

Unread post by smason » 2017-07-26, 15:41

It happened again which is why I came back to this forum and am replying thus:

The full technical details are in the screenshot, there are no other details provided.
Clearing cache doesn't help.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2017-07-26, 16:16

Please read this FAQ, see if anything there helps.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-07-26, 16:33

Antivirus? Local time/date? :coffee:

half-moon

Unread post by half-moon » 2017-07-26, 16:39

Google works fine here.

smason

Unread post by smason » 2017-07-27, 13:17

The problem happened to be our Meraki Firewall mis-applying rules to Google and blocking it at the firewall level.

Palemoon is not the culprit in this case. To anyone thinking about getting Meraki at their organization, I can tell you it's not been great for us and our old school Cisco consultants hate it with a passion.