Bold Text for Bookmarks

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
steelcaress

Bold Text for Bookmarks

Unread post by steelcaress » 2017-07-20, 08:00

I've searched the forum, found a post on this already, and am having problems because the fix doesn't seem to work.

Operating system: Windows Vista
Browser version: Palemoon 27.4.0
32-bit or 64-bit?: 32-bit
Theme: Morrowind House Hlaalu theme

Installed extensions:
BypassAdfly
ChromeEdit Plus (not working)
FlashGot
JS Switch
NoScript
Stylish
Stylish Editor Modified

Installed plugins: (about:plugins)
Adobe Acrobat
Adobe Flash
Google Update
Java Platform SE8
Silverlight Plug-in
VLC Web Plugin
Windows Presentation Foundation
Java Deployment Toolkit

I created a Chrome folder, created a UserChrome.css in it. And copied this code into it:

Code: Select all

#PersonalToolbar {
      font-weight:bold !important;
    }
I must be missing something, since it's not displaying the way it's supposed to (as in: no change). Any help you could render would be fantastic. Thanks in advance!

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Bold Text for Bookmarks

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2017-07-20, 13:19

It worked for me just now. Did you restart? (It's needed.)

Also, if you did restart and still doesn't work, try turning off your theme (and userstyles if any) to see if they conflict.

steelcaress

Unread post by steelcaress » 2017-07-20, 16:57

Thanks for the prompt reply. Yeah, I've restarted several times. And I've disabled themes (am using default now) and certain extensions like Stylish and ChromEdit just in case. No dice. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but that code is for the bookmarks toolbar? Or am I off-base? Because that's what I'm trying to boldface -- the bookmarks in the toolbar.

spacy01

Unread post by spacy01 » 2017-07-20, 18:10

You use Stylish already... Try this, create a new style, named it how you like and type:

.bookmark-item > .toolbarbutton-text {
  font-weight: Bold !important;
}
Save and see the result! :)

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2017-07-20, 18:38

steelcaress wrote:...but that code is for the bookmarks toolbar? Or am I off-base? Because that's what I'm trying to boldface -- the bookmarks in the toolbar.

Yes, it's for bookmarks in the bookmarks toolbar.

BTW, @spacy01's css works fine for me too - in userChrome.css (I don't use Stylish.) Both snippets produce the same result on my setup.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2017-07-20, 18:42

One more thought.
Check your capitalization. It matters.

Try making the chrome folder lower case. And userChrome.css should be exactly as you see it here.

Also, be sure that your userChrome.css starts with this:

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");
And you might check out this: http://kb.mozillazine.org/UserChrome.css
and this: http://kb.mozillazine.org/UserChrome-example.css

steelcaress

Unread post by steelcaress » 2017-07-21, 00:15

I tried all the other options, no dice. Not sure what's going on there, but someone who knows far more about CSS than me would probably be able to suss it out. That's about where my HTML coding training stopped short of.

But the good news is that Stylish, which I've never been able to get to work on Firefox, worked. So now I have a lovely bookmarks bar. Thank you!

I really want to thank you for all your replies, and help, and links. Filling in the holes in my knowledge is a good thing. This community is awesome, and I hope I can help someone else out in the future.

Cheers!