Twitch Does Not Work Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Jaybonaut

Twitch Does Not Work

Unread post by Jaybonaut » 2017-07-17, 14:03

Hi, I am running the 32 bit version 27.4.0. I have hardware acceleration turned off in options. I have zero extensions installed (and never have.)

These are the plugins currently:

Is there anything I can try? I just get a spinning circle over the video. Works perfectly fine on all other browsers I've tried (FF, Chrome, Vivaldi, Edge.)
Thank you in advance.

Edkiefer

Re: Twitch Does Not Work

Unread post by Edkiefer » 2017-07-17, 15:15

I get the spinning circle to but all you need to do is stop(pause) and start it with [II] button and it runs fine for me.

Edit: my bad, twitch works fine, my above comment is/should of been for Twit.TV

Jaybonaut

Unread post by Jaybonaut » 2017-07-20, 06:53

You are right.

Unlike any other browser, for some reason Pale Moon's updates now require I hit the pause button on a non-running stream, then hit it again, and it will start. Something must not be set up quite right in the code. It didn't always do this - it must be fairly recent too.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-07-20, 10:03

This is the behavior you may get when you block scripted autoplay of media.
Are you using any blocking extensions or have you set media.autoplay.* values in about:config to non-default values?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

wyMnNHXB

Unread post by wyMnNHXB » 2017-07-20, 10:31

Twitch.tv works fine for me. Did you try using Twitch with clean PM profile?

Also, did you modify any preferences?

Jaybonaut

Unread post by Jaybonaut » 2017-07-21, 03:14

Moonchild wrote:This is the behavior you may get when you block scripted autoplay of media.
Are you using any blocking extensions or have you set media.autoplay.* values in about:config to non-default values?
As mentioned in the original post, I have zero extensions and never have.

Here is the rest, on my first attempt to access about:config (as I have never gone in there before.)

Jaybonaut

Unread post by Jaybonaut » 2017-07-21, 03:16

wyMnNHXB wrote:Twitch.tv works fine for me. Did you try using Twitch with clean PM profile?

Also, did you modify any preferences?
No and yes.

I modified my home page, I modified my default download location, I turned off hardware acceleration, and I turned off smooth scrolling. That's it.

Edkiefer

Unread post by Edkiefer » 2017-07-21, 10:23

I had a few vids enbedded in webpages didn't run and I enabled the option "enable MSE and MP4" (which was off) and those vids work fine w/o affecting others so far.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-07-21, 10:28

It's recommended you enable MSE for MP4 from this point forward. it's what we (esp. Travis) have been working on fixing up, and will be what websites expect.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Jaybonaut

Unread post by Jaybonaut » 2017-07-23, 21:29

Apologies for my noobishness, how do I go about that?

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2017-07-23, 22:31

Go to Options -> Content -> Video section, and check the three boxes shown.
MSE.png

Jaybonaut

Unread post by Jaybonaut » 2017-08-04, 02:37

I had not checked the thread until I heard about an update today.

After the update, I don't seem to be having any issues with Twitch, so thank you for your hard work.