Problems with steamcommunity.com and cookies

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Valkor

Problems with steamcommunity.com and cookies

Unread post by Valkor » 2017-07-13, 13:19

Haven't found anything about this issue on the forum here, so I'll try to describe it for the first time.
I log in into my steam account at steamcommunity.com, buy or sell anything on trade market, close my browser and...next time I can't buy or sell any item, although my account seems ok and logged at that moment. So I need to log out and log in every time, when I start Pale Moon. With other browsers I can quit them and use steamcommunity.com without any errors and logins. Is it a known problem and how can I fix it?

satrow
Forum staff
Forum staff

Re: Problems with steamcommunity.com and cookies

Unread post by satrow » 2017-07-13, 13:47

Can you check your Pale Moon cookie settings, esp. the 3rd party + visited settings, and compare them with the other browsers? That might furnish some clues we can work with.

Valkor

Unread post by Valkor » 2017-07-16, 18:48

satrow wrote:Can you check your Pale Moon cookie settings, esp. the 3rd party + visited settings, and compare them with the other browsers? That might furnish some clues we can work with.
At the moment I have default "Pale Moon will store history" option, and the same option in my Firefox. But Firefox allows to use Steam market at least several days before re-login, and Pale Moon only once until browser is closed :(
Any way to fix this cookie issue?

satrow
Forum staff
Forum staff

Unread post by satrow » 2017-07-16, 19:21

Try this setting:
SteamCookies.jpg

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-07-16, 20:03

Also do you have any add-ons that are different in Pale Moon compared to other browsers that might impact cookies in any way?
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Valkor

Unread post by Valkor » 2017-07-18, 04:53

satrow wrote:Try this setting:
Tried and tested about one day, but the same error and no success :-(

Valkor

Unread post by Valkor » 2017-07-18, 04:55

Pale Moon Rising wrote:Also do you have any add-ons that are different in Pale Moon compared to other browsers that might impact cookies in any way?
Only one addon Ublock Origin, which I have on Firefox too

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-07-18, 05:29

Valkor wrote:
Pale Moon Rising wrote:Also do you have any add-ons that are different in Pale Moon compared to other browsers that might impact cookies in any way?
Only one addon Ublock Origin, which I have on Firefox too
If you have just the one add-on then try disabling this add-on to see if this makes a difference in Pale Moon. I understand that the problem does not occur in FF apparently, but there may be a different setting in the Pale Moon add-on compared to FF or perhaps Pale Moon might respond differently to the add-on as it is as compared to FF.

At least by disabling the uBlock add-on in Pale Moon, this will remove any doubt that the add-on could be a factor.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Valkor

Unread post by Valkor » 2017-07-18, 06:15

Pale Moon Rising wrote:
Valkor wrote:
Pale Moon Rising wrote: At least by disabling the uBlock add-on in Pale Moon, this will remove any doubt that the add-on could be a factor.
Doesn't help either

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by adesh » 2017-07-18, 06:25

Since the suggested solutions do not seem to work, can you try reproducing the issue in a clean profile. That will tell whether issue is attributed to your browser configuration or Pale Moon (and Steam).
How to create new Profile and use Safe Mode

Valkor

Unread post by Valkor » 2017-07-21, 08:35

adesh wrote:Since the suggested solutions do not seem to work, can you try reproducing the issue in a clean profile. That will tell whether issue is attributed to your browser configuration or Pale Moon (and Steam).
How to create new Profile and use Safe Mode
Nothing changed with clean profile :(
Can Palemoon developer look into this pesky issue with cookies and Steam? Palemoon is a great browser, but Firefox hasn't such problems with Steam pages
At the moment I'm using Pale Moon Version: 27.3.0 (32-bit)

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by adesh » 2017-07-21, 09:57

Valkor wrote:At the moment I'm using Pale Moon Version: 27.3.0 (32-bit)
If you do not have a strong reason to stick with this version, I suggest you upgrade to latest version which is 27.4 as of this writing. I am not sure about the official position of developer on this but I think support will be actively provided only for the latest version of the browser.

Valkor

Unread post by Valkor » 2017-07-22, 19:06

adesh wrote:
Valkor wrote: If you do not have a strong reason to stick with this version, I suggest you upgrade to latest version which is 27.4 as of this writing. I am not sure about the official position of developer on this but I think support will be actively provided only for the latest version of the browser.
That doesn't affect this bug with cookies anyways, update doesn't help

Valkor

Unread post by Valkor » 2017-07-29, 06:13

Bump for developer, I hope someday he'll look for this bug and fix cookie's functions

half-moon

Unread post by half-moon » 2017-07-30, 13:51

Valkor wrote:Bump for developer, I hope someday he'll look for this bug and fix cookie's functions
I have no issues with cookies on steamcommunity.com

Valkor

Unread post by Valkor » 2017-07-30, 14:13

half-moon wrote: I have no issues with cookies on steamcommunity.com
Have you tried to log in there, then quit Pale Moon, open steamcommunity.com again and buy something there?

half-moon

Unread post by half-moon » 2017-07-31, 22:57

Valkor wrote:
Have you tried to log in there, then quit Pale Moon, open steamcommunity.com again and buy something there?
Yes I can log in, quit pale moon, open steamcommunity.com, and still be logged in. I have not made any attempt to buy anything since I have no money.

satrow
Forum staff
Forum staff

Unread post by satrow » 2017-08-01, 01:17

half-moon wrote:
Valkor wrote:
Yes I can log in, quit pale moon, open steamcommunity.com, and still be logged in. I have not made any attempt to buy anything since I have no money.
Same result and scenario here, perhaps a question for Pale Moon users on Steam Community would be useful?

Valkor

Unread post by Valkor » 2017-08-01, 09:32

half-moon wrote:I have not made any attempt to buy anything since I have no money.
Yes, that's necessary. While your account is shown as logged in, you can't buy anything after you open Pale Moon for a second time
Last edited by Valkor on 2017-08-01, 09:36, edited 1 time in total.

Valkor

Unread post by Valkor » 2017-08-01, 09:34

satrow wrote: Same result and scenario here, perhaps a question for Pale Moon users on Steam Community would be useful?
Maybe is it a problem with my OS? I have Windows 7 and cookies are auto deleting after Pale Moon is closed