Flash Player not working in x64 version

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
deejayutz

Flash Player not working in x64 version

Unread post by deejayutz » 2011-08-31, 08:35

I`v just updated my Palemoon to the x64 version. When started to browse the usual sites i noticed that the popup with: install missing plugin appeared. It keeps telling me that flash player needs to be installed. After performing the action, the page reloads but the popup reappears over and over again. Even after reinstalling the plugin. What is to be done? Since i can`t view any flash content on sites.

Kind regards,

Sergiu

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Flash Player not working in x64 version

Unread post by Moonchild » 2011-08-31, 09:24

This is because Adobe hasn't released a 64-bit flash player yet, and their braindead web service feeds your browser the installer for a 32-bit plugin (which doesn't work).
This is solved by downloading the appropriate 64-bit installer (beta) from Adobe Labs:
http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer11.html
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

diNovoM

Unread post by diNovoM » 2011-08-31, 10:51

Well, it seems you have found the pale moon x64 page, but further reading is still hard? http://www.palemoon.org/palemoon-x64.shtml :twisted:
2. Many plugins are either not available or not officially released yet for 64-bit browsers. Most notably, if you want Flash, you will need to get the beta/development version of Flash for 64-bit from Adobe Labs.
If you understand what you are getting yourself into, then by all means, grab yourself a copy of Pale Moon x64, and have fun!
Sry, it's not in such a bad meaning but you could have save time to "post and wait for an answer" by doing a simple search so let me google that for you. ;)

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2011-09-02, 15:02

Just noting that the Flash player x64 is buggy. I would get a black screen when maximizing the window on Youtube videos and it would look fine when played on window-size. I simply just reverted to the 32-bit version.

It could also mean that the plugin doesn't detect unofficial versions of Firefox(This should have been solved long ago), so you have to copy the file into the location of your folder, under Plugins. I had that problem with the Windows Media Player for Firefox plugin.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2011-09-03, 22:05

megaman wrote:Just noting that the Flash player x64 is buggy. I would get a black screen when maximizing the window on Youtube videos and it would look fine when played on window-size. I simply just reverted to the 32-bit version.
It's possible that it doesn't play nice with your video driver - it is still in beta after all.
(Probably yet another hardware acceleration issue)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

lewisje

Unread post by lewisje » 2011-11-08, 21:42

By now the 64-bit Windows version of Flash Player has been stable for about 2 months, and if you go to the update page you should see installers that install both x64 and x86 versions of the plugin (though there are still separate installers for IE and non-IE versions).