"this page has a content security plicy that prevents it from being emedded in this way" Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
postbuz

"this page has a content security plicy that prevents it from being emedded in this way"

Unread post by postbuz » 2017-06-13, 13:38

Hi,

All of a sudden, many sites give me a "this page has a content security policy that prevents it from being emedded in this way" pop-up. Even this site...
I've tried safe mode, but that gives me the same. I'm baffled :roll:
Any idea how to get my favorite browser behaving again? I understood it was a server side issue, but I do not it's likely that a selection of servers have been reconfigured overnight, including this one ;)

Kind Regards,

PB.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: "this page has a content security plicy that prevents it from being emedded in this way"

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2017-06-13, 13:52

Would you please provide some links to sites where you encounter this?

postbuz

Re: "this page has a content security plicy that prevents it from being emedded in this way"

Unread post by postbuz » 2017-06-13, 16:36

Hi coffeebreak,

Here are some that have this:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... -free-pass
https://www.google.nl/search?q=mirjam+k ... wQKFgKvoDA
viewforum.php?f=1

Now as I type this, after having copied the above links in, I get it :crazy:

PB

postbuz

Unread post by postbuz » 2017-06-13, 16:53

And if I remain on this page, it eventually comes back & back....

postbuz

Unread post by postbuz » 2017-06-13, 17:06

Sorry, for going on, but hope this helps. It's happening almost everywhere. I copied over 2 older versions from before this problem started (do a full backup of the PC every day), but get the same thing then.
Curiouser and curiouser... That does not make any sense :roll:

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2017-06-13, 17:44

I clicked on both of those links the OP's listed and I don't get any type of pop up.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

postbuz

Unread post by postbuz » 2017-06-13, 17:56

Hi Night Wing,

I did not get it either with these links until today. But now, even when I do a full restore (not just copying the relevant Pale Moon directories), I get it. It just should not be possible...
But still it is. Problem is, that I have no clue what this pop-up is trying to tell me. Unless it is, welcome to a parallel universe :wtf:

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2017-06-13, 18:12

@postbuz,
I don't get any message/popup from those sites either.

And when you say "Now as I type this, after having copied the above links in, I get it" - Do you mean you get this warning here on this forum as well?

I'm not knowledgeable about content security policy. But gather from a quick search that your type of error is normally caused by a misconfigured server that sends improper headers. That doesn't seem (to me) to fit well with this suddenly happening all over the place. Something in your own security configuration as well?

(BTW, just for context, you might check out these threads on similar problem:
https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=8685
https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12356)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-06-13, 19:37

You may want to check for other software you've recently installed or updated, especially things like firewall, internet security, antivirus, etc.
This forum (and many other sites) do not allow the page content to be loaded in a frame (to prevent spoofing/phishing). If it is still being loaded in a frame, you will get that error message.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

postbuz

Unread post by postbuz » 2017-06-13, 20:51

Hi Moonchild,

I run an extremely protection-light Win7 X64 Sp1. Only anti-virus installed is MSIE, set to run only on demand. Free Malwarebytes also only on demand. Firewall is the very basic & unobtrusive Privatefirewall. So nothing overly-actively messing with my system, I believe. Only recent changes are new sig files for MSIE. For security, I rely entirely on my full daily backups in case of anything on-towards happening.

So what could it be?

PB

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-06-14, 08:31

Have you tried rebooting (which among other things will clear your cache)?
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-06-14, 09:09

As said the only cause for this is that your web content is being loaded in a frame inside another web page. That can be injected by local software or in the browser itself, or in much rarer occasions by your network gateway (but that likely wouldn't occur with https).
It should never happen unless you have specific software or an extension that causes this. The error is (as said) an anti-spoofing security measure.

Are you using a browsing gateway or proxy?
Is the address bar showing anything except what is expected when you visit sites and the error is thrown?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

postbuz

Unread post by postbuz » 2017-06-14, 15:08

Thanks all,

I solved the problem, but without really knowing how :roll: I rolled back through a couple of backups & the one of 3 days ago works fine. Al I remember doing in the meantime is changing a few settings in Process Lasso. Well, it works, so I shouldn't not complain. But I still wonder...

PB