Importing bookmarks from I.E

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
kraftdinners

Importing bookmarks from I.E

Unread post by kraftdinners » 2012-10-15, 13:04

Is it possible to do so from within PaleMoon ? hope this question has not been done to death before, but the search came up with nothing..

Regards
Alan

dark_moon

Re: Importing bookmarks from I.E

Unread post by dark_moon » 2012-10-17, 09:16

Welcome to the forum

After the installation of PaleMoon you get a window, with which you can import IE bookmarks.
Like with Firefox

kraftdinners

Unread post by kraftdinners » 2012-10-17, 09:33

Thank you for the welcome and the information ..
Teach me to open my eyes ;-) ..

It is appreciated..

Alan

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-10-17, 09:42

After installation you can also do this at any time by going to "Organize bookmarks", then "Import and backup" at the top -> "Import from another browser"
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Blacklab
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Blacklab » 2012-10-17, 23:45

There is also a "why bother importing" option using developer Alex Sirota's Plain Old Favorites Add-on - which gets pretty much "done to death" in these two recent topics: Import favorites from IE http://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1399 and sadly the Add-on's recently discovered incompatibility problem with the latest x64 Mozilla based browser versions is discussed in Plain Old Favorites Not Working 15.00 x64 http://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1466

POF's still works brilliantly in x86 Mozilla browsers - an easy way to keep Identical favorites lists across Internet Explorer, Pale Moon and Firefox.... for me anyway! :)