Not getting Netflix popups

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Marblex

Not getting Netflix popups

Unread post by Marblex » 2017-04-13, 07:19

Formerly, mousing over a Netflix entry would provide a popup that gave a summary along with the option to add or remove to/from My List or your DVD queue.

I no longer get popups though I have cleared it in the options (netflix.com) allowed to use popups. I restarted PM but no avail, still no popups. This leaves me without the ability to add or remove items from My List or my DVD queue.

Suggestions would be helpful. Adblock is disabled for netflix, noscript is authorized to allow the entire page, there appears to be no other addon contributing.

Thank everyone in advance :)

rabnbeinn
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Not getting Netflix popups

Unread post by rabnbeinn » 2017-04-13, 09:08

I suggest you search for Netflix posts to see the troubles Pale Moon is having with Netflix.

In short NF does not support PM so overrides are needed.

Marblex

Unread post by Marblex » 2017-04-19, 18:22

TY. Yes, I did read about that... WOW that IS a serious issue...

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2017-04-19, 18:29

Marblex wrote:TY. Yes, I did read about that... WOW that IS a serious issue...
Serious issue......?
If you use netflix maybe but i like many millions in the world dont so its not a non issue and not that serious.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

tamilyn007

Unread post by tamilyn007 » 2017-05-04, 00:17

So you are not going to do anything so I can use just one browser? I have to use another browser to watch Netflix now. On one site that I use I also have to use another browser to use Adobe Acrobat Reader. It comes up that I need a plug in, gives me a link and I already have it. If this keeps going, I may have to switch and I don''t want to do that..

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-05-04, 11:49

We've already done all we could to try and open up communication with and solve problems with Netflix.
Netflix has indicated they do not want to support us. In fact, if you go to Netflix without an override, you'll be stopped at the door. Regardless of Pale Moon's ability to use Netflix technologies, they have clearly indicated to have no interest in working with us to solve the few breaking issues there are.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

rabnbeinn
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by rabnbeinn » 2017-05-04, 14:25

tamilyn007 wrote:So you are not going to do anything so I can use just one browser? I have to use another browser to watch Netflix now.
See post #2

SeniorCitizen

Unread post by SeniorCitizen » 2017-09-17, 11:34

Not computer literate senior. I, too, have left Firefox and am very pleased with Pale Moon. Regarding Netflix----I have found that downloading the Netflix App (and I have absolutely no idea what that does or means) completely solves the Pale Moon-Netflix issue----at least for me. When using the app--you use an entirely different homepage and search; but I am told by Netflix that the full library is now available through the app. I actually like it better. The app is, I think, designed for those who wish to download movies---but there is no need to download if you so desire----just stream them as normal. I find them to be much more stable, have higher definition and just all around better on my Windows 10PRO laptop. The app is loaded onto your desktop and so you bypass the need to have a browser open and I think that is why the Netflix-Pale Moon issues disappear. Cheers.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-09-17, 15:44

^ Many thanks for the feedback SeniorCitizen :thumbup: --- NetFlix users should now be happy campers with this approach you have provided which will presumably solve this ongoing NetFlix issue. :clap:
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

rabnbeinn
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by rabnbeinn » 2017-09-17, 16:35

Doesn't actually solve the Netflix problem within the browser as the app runs independent of the browser.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-09-17, 16:44

rabnbeinn wrote:Doesn't actually solve the Netflix problem within the browser as the app runs independent of the browser.
I get that point, but it does solve the problem for NefFlix users since they can get what they want as far as what NefFlix provides with this approach --- or am I wrong?
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tomaso » 2017-11-12, 15:44

I just got myself a Netflix subscription..
This UA override seems to work better for me than Pale Moon's default one:

Code: Select all

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; rv:45.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.9
Amongst other things, it allows me to manage "My List".

--

EDIT:
Yeah, everythings seems to work just fine with this override.
At least for me.
Can anyone else confirm?

BobbyP
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by BobbyP » 2017-11-12, 16:34

Wow! Tamaso, Thank-you! "My List" has been serioulsy screwed up and limited here for quiet a while now, and in a quick test, this UserAgent change for both general.useragent.override.netflix.com and general.useragent.override.netflximg.net has restored much of what has been MIA!

Regarding installing and using the above mentioned NF "App": While I appreciate the posting of this available option, I, for one, would much prefer _not_ to install and use it, since doing so _may_ (probably?) would entail losing even more control of what data is gathered/collected, and were it is sent, beyond what is already required to be "leaked", to get NF DVD and Streaming sites to properly function. So, this is GREAT! More testing to come, but in any case, thanks, again!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-11-12, 22:03

"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Zardiw

Unread post by Zardiw » 2017-11-13, 15:53

So tell us why something that used to work no longer does?

z

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-11-13, 23:48

Zardiw wrote:So tell us why something that used to work no longer does?
z
Ask Netflix. They are the ones doing UA sniffing and discrimination based on useragent string. They are the ones changing their Web UI.

Rekov

Unread post by Rekov » 2017-11-16, 19:38

So are you guys getting Netflix to work at all, then? I can browse, but when I try to play a video I get either N8202 or N8156-6023 errors if I keep refreshing it.

rabnbeinn
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by rabnbeinn » 2017-11-16, 20:03

Rekov wrote:So are you guys getting Netflix to work at all, then? I can browse, but when I try to play a video I get either N8202 or N8156-6023 errors if I keep refreshing it.
All videos that I've just checked play with no problems.

I use this UAO (differs from the one MC is adopting)

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0
I haven't tried the new override yet.

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tomaso » 2017-11-16, 20:44

Rekov wrote:So are you guys getting Netflix to work at all, then?
Works for me.

(Pale Moon v27.6.1,x64 / Win8.1Pro)

--
rabnbeinn wrote:I use this UAO (differs from the one MC is adopting)

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0
That override doesn't work properly.
Lots of things are missing, e.g. the options mentioned in the first post of this thread.

rabnbeinn
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by rabnbeinn » 2017-11-17, 12:54

I have now updated to the new override and all is good.
My previous post was answering Rekovs post not the op, as I don't use my list etc I was happy with the previous setting as all vids worked, but thanks Tomaso for new UAO :thumbup: