Missing right click options in Google Drive Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
kutewarrior

Missing right click options in Google Drive

Unread post by kutewarrior » 2017-03-23, 14:15

As seen in the attached image, the bottom few options when I right click in Google Drive has 'disappeared'.

I tried changing to another theme and also booting Pale Moon with all addons disabled, but the issue persisted.

Operating system: Windows 10
Browser version: 27.2.0
32-bit or 64-bit?: 64 bit
Problem URL: drive.google.com
Theme: -
Installed add-ons: Adblock Latitude, MozArchiver, NoSquint, Reader, Tab Mix Plus.
Installed plugins: (about:plugins)
Microsoft Office 2013
Silverlight Plug-In
Java(TM) Platform SE 8 U121
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Andrew Gilbertson

Re: Missing right click options in Google Drive

Unread post by Andrew Gilbertson » 2017-03-24, 13:22

That's an annoyingly difficult problem to debug, as Google seems to make their right-click menu go away once your browser window no longer has focus... but I can confirm that I get the same thing. I was trying to look at in the DevTools Inspector but I can't expand the HTML tags quick enough to see if there's an overlay <div> tag with a bad gradient in it or what.

kutewarrior

Unread post by kutewarrior » 2017-03-25, 03:50

Thanks for the troubleshooting, I have just updated PM to 27.2.1 and the issue persists :silent:

safedisc2

Unread post by safedisc2 » 2017-03-27, 12:19

Probably just another of Google's tries to get ppl to use Chrome by f..... up how their things work in other browsers.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-03-27, 16:42

safedisc2 wrote:Probably just another of Google's tries to get ppl to use Chrome by f..... up how their things work in other browsers.
The results of testing five browsers (PM, FF, IE, Chrome, Opera)....

Browsers that have this problem with the truncated right-click context menu:
Pale Moon
Firefox

Browsers without this problem (get what is displayed below, full right-click context menu):
Chrome
Opera
IE11
googledrive RC context menu in IE PM FF.png
One could make the argument that the problem is in some way impacted by historically Gecko related browser engines (Goanna forked from Gecko). :think: (that is because it works in not only Blink based engines but IE, Trident, as well for the browsers tested)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Hugga

Unread post by Hugga » 2017-08-21, 09:49

Pale Moon Rising wrote:

Pale Moon
Firefox
I just tested Firefox 54.0.1 (32-bit) and it is working OK for me. Palemoon 27.4.1 (64-bit) is not.

I'm tempted to grab some PM portable versions and go back in time a little to see if any other versions work. But I can live with it as-is, I haven't seen any other sites that have this same issue.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-09-01, 04:36

Hugga wrote:
Pale Moon Rising wrote:

Pale Moon
Firefox
I just tested Firefox 54.0.1 (32-bit) and it is working OK for me......
Good point, I don't use FF so have not upgraded and was on 46.0.1.
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

vertigo220

Unread post by vertigo220 » 2017-09-24, 01:16

I've been having this issue for a while now as well. Win7x64 with PMx64. I too thought it was probably just Google doing their typical anti-competitive stuff, but as was pointed out, it works in some other browsers. I just tested it in Opera before seeing this thread. I also tried restarting PM in safe mode but it still did it. What I've noticed is that the bottom entries are visible for a split second when opening and closing the context menu, then they fade out. It's still usable but annoying. I've also been having problems for a while now with uploading stuff. It often takes several attempts to get a file to upload. For example, I have a 0.2MB file I regularly upload to Drive to keep an updated copy there, and the past few months or so just about every time it's taken 3-4+ attempts. I just tried it earlier and switched away from it, then realized that after hours it still said "Starting upload..."

On the topic of Drive, any chance of getting folder upload functionality?

GMforker

Unread post by GMforker » 2017-09-24, 18:29

Pale Moon Rising wrote:
safedisc2 wrote:Probably just another of Google's tries to get ppl to use Chrome by f..... up how their things work in other browsers.

Pale Moon
Firefox

Browsers without this problem (get what is displayed below, full right-click context menu):
Chrome
Opera
IE11

googledrive RC context menu in IE PM FF.png One could make the argument that the problem is in some way impacted by historically Gecko related browser engines (Goanna forked from Gecko). :think: (that is because it works in not only Blink based engines but IE, Trident, as well for the browsers tested)
1) The menu starts blinking...

Last bad: Firefox 48.0a1 (2016-04-11)
Built from https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/ ... 57aad05e1e

First good: Firefox 48.0a1 (2016-04-12 - 1)
Built from https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/ ... a0809363d4

Pushlog
https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/ ... 1a0809363d

These are the suspect:
bug #1260655
bug #1260976
bug #1260983
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

2) ...the menu is displayed correctly

Last bad: Firefox 48.0a1 (2016-04-14)
Built from https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/ ... 9c18c5af0d

First good: Firefox 48.0a1 (2016-04-15)
Built from https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/ ... ec82a6f732

Pushlog
https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/ ... ec82a6f732

These are the suspect:
bug #1249564
bug #1264396

frmariam
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by frmariam » 2018-01-26, 10:59

Started a masters and September and started working more with Google Drive for collaborative work.
The bug is still present in PM 27.7.1...
Fortunately most common options show, ant even if hidden you can press the others (if you know where they are).
Would be nice if this could be fixed in a future version (though from what you say it seems hard)

jars_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by jars_ » 2018-01-26, 16:46

Code: Select all

dom.event.contextmenu.enabled;true

vertigo220

Unread post by vertigo220 » 2018-01-26, 17:30

jars_ wrote:

dom.event.contextmenu.enabled;true
Not sure what you're saying here, since you gave no context or explanation, but if you're saying that has to be enabled in order for the Drive context menus to work, I'm sorry to disappoint but it's set to true in my browser and they still don't work.

jars_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by jars_ » 2018-01-26, 17:43

right-click context menu overlaps google apps context menus
look other parameters in about:config start with "dom.event." and set all to default.
And yes, I have a menu in the Google disk appears as it should. ( PM27.7.1 x86)

vertigo220

Unread post by vertigo220 » 2018-01-26, 17:57

jars_ wrote:right-click context menu overlaps google apps context menus
look other parameters in about:config start with "dom.event." and set all to default.
And yes, I have a menu in the Google disk appears as it should. ( PM27.7.1 x86)
Different problem. We're not having issues with overlapping of the context menus, we're experiencing the Google Drive context menus fading out toward the bottom, making the last couple items invisible. See the screenshots above to see what I mean and see the difference. Also, I have all dom.event.* items set to default and still have the issue.

jars_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by jars_ » 2018-01-26, 19:01

is the same . look settings:
dom.event.*
dom.disable*
dom.enable*
dom.* ;)
javascript.*
accessibility.*

vertigo220

Unread post by vertigo220 » 2018-01-27, 00:53

jars_ wrote:is the same . look settings:
dom.event.*
dom.disable*
dom.enable*
dom.* ;)
javascript.*
accessibility.*
I don't see how they're the same. The overlapping context menus is clearly very different from the issue this thread deals with. If you insist they are the same, how about explaining how you come to that conclusion? And I set all of the above to their default settings, restarted the browser, and still, the problem persists.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-01-27, 01:02

How about.. Google Services only work properly on Google's Web Browser by design.
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-01-27, 01:02, edited 1 time in total.

vertigo220

Unread post by vertigo220 » 2018-01-27, 03:47

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:How about.. Google Services only work properly on Google's Web Browser by design.
This is my belief. I truly think it's at least semi-intentional on their part to drive people to Chrome. If that's indeed the case, hopefully they'll be sued for antitrust like MS was.

jars_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by jars_ » 2018-01-27, 08:34

Oh... ohohoh, my bad english :) I misunderstood, bad translation.
userContent.css

/* for Gdrive menu */

@-moz-document domain(drive.google.com) {

[class="h-w a-w h-w a-w-Xi a-mb-w a-w-Mr"] {
	min-height: 550px !important;
	}

[class="h-w a-w h-w a-w-Xi a-w-Mr"][aria-haspopup="true"][role="menu"] {
	min-height: 350px !important; 
	}
}

upd. можете попробовать покрасить элементы и увидеть как они дергаются при открытии Я думаю, это результат грёбаных дизайнеров гуугла, не кодеров. хотя...
You can try to color the elements and see how they twitch at the opening. I think this is the result of the fking designers of the Google ;) , not coders. although...

@-moz-document domain(drive.google.com) {

* {
	transition: none !important;
	}

DIV[aria-haspopup="true"][role="menu"] {
	background-color: #ffff00 !important;
	min-height: 550px !important;
	}

}
Last edited by jars_ on 2018-01-27, 09:17, edited 1 time in total.

kevjonesin

Unread post by kevjonesin » 2018-03-21, 18:17

Installing the legacy (2.1.1) version of the "Stylish" add-on, https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/stylish/versions/?page=1#version-2.1.1, followed by adding "Dark Fusion - Google" to Stylish, https://userstyles.org/styles/112421/dark-fusion-google, corrected the fade out of bottom menu items in Google Drive issue for me.

I suspect other Stylish themes which modify the display of Google sites—including Drive—might also work to correct this as well. But I haven't personally tried any as the dark theme suits me fine.