Noscript update

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.
Please direct questions that are Mac or Linux-specific (dealing with installation and OS integration) to the appropriate Linux or Mac board.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only. The main focus here is on Pale Moon on Windows. Please direct your questions that are specific for Linux and Mac to the dedicated boards for those operating systems.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
joseph999

Noscript update

Post by joseph999 » 2017-03-09, 19:47

Is there some reason why my NoScript add-on install is not getting updated under PM?

I noticed I had a release from back on August 2016, so manually updated to 2.9.5.3 a couple of days ago. Now I am not seeing the auto-update to 5.0.x.

dark_moon

Re: Noscript update

Post by dark_moon » 2017-03-09, 20:10

I would say because of compatibility. Pale Moon use Firefox 27.9 as useragent for AMO, so if a addon say the min-gecko is higher then 27.9 you doesnt get a update.

joseph999

Post by joseph999 » 2017-03-12, 06:30

Well, I opened a thread on NS forums for this problem. If I am having a problem with NS not updating under PM, then I have to assume that many others are also.

The thread is at:
https://forums.informaction.com/viewtop ... 129#p87129

Can you or someone tell them if they have to add something to their code so that PM will allow automatic NS updates again?

Thanks.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-03-12, 07:14

... be careful what you ask for, NoScript 2.9.5.3, page not automatically reloading after allowing script ?, so do you have the same problem?
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

joseph999

Post by joseph999 » 2017-03-12, 08:58

Pale Moon Rising wrote:... be careful what you ask for, NoScript 2.9.5.3, page not automatically reloading after allowing script ?, so do you have the same problem?
Running 2.9.5.3 on Win10 Pro with the 32bit PM. Auto reloading works for me.

But my issue is why PM did not auto update the various NS releases since last August, not whether pages reload after a script allow.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Post by Lootyhoof » 2017-03-12, 10:26

NoScript's minVersion on AMO is higher than 27.9. Thus, it will not auto update for us. Additionally, note that version 5.0 is not fully compatible with us anyway due to including WebExtension code.

If the developer wants to produce a version specific for Pale Moon, the following can be used with regards to where such a version can be hosted (so we can get updates properly):

http://developer.palemoon.org/Add-ons:Site