Navbar automatically filling in URLs

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Asphyxium

Navbar automatically filling in URLs

Unread post by Asphyxium » 2012-10-06, 13:16

Hi. I'm wondering when Palemoon will re-include support for automatically filling in URLs that you type. It's important to me.

While I believe this is a universal issue, it may be exclusive to the X64 build.

By the way...

YOU GUYS NEED TO RUN IN 64 BIT!! Don't listen to the BS that it's insignificant! It's A W E S O M E ! ! ! !

If your running a later edition Pentium 4/ Celeron equivalent or Athlon 64 or newer (duh on that one), you can do it!

EDIT: The reason they say it isn't significant is because your dealing with an already small amount of time to process data. Believe me, 64-bit processors crunch twice the data per clock cycle, and the difference is immediately noticeable when loading web pages.

Worthwhile note: If you DO buy a 64-bit version of Windows/a new computer eventually, you need to remember that programs claiming AMD64 support will also support Intel's EM64T (I believe that's the name). It's very strange, but true.

Rohugh

Re: Navbar automatically filling in URLs

Unread post by Rohugh » 2012-10-06, 13:32

Asphyxium wrote:Hi. I'm wondering when Palemoon will re-include support for automatically filling in URLs that you type. It's important to me.
In the next version of PM, coming soon. :)

Asphyxium

Unread post by Asphyxium » 2012-10-06, 13:33

Thanks!!!!

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2012-10-06, 17:31

about:config on the address field.
Put autofill and set the browser.autofills to true.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-10-06, 19:28

megaman means:
browser.urlbar.autoFill

15.2 will have this on by default and will have a preference in the status bar options, under Firefox compatibility, to toggle this setting.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Asphyxium

Unread post by Asphyxium » 2012-10-07, 17:49

Thanks!