Unable to open Outlook.com in PaleMoon

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
julio99

Unable to open Outlook.com in PaleMoon

Unread post by julio99 » 2012-09-28, 00:31

The old hotmail which I've upgraded to Outlook.com won't open on their page anymore.https://blu002.mail.live.com/default.aspx?rru=inbox This is the address where the page won't show for me. I can revert it back to Hotmail and the page will display but when I upgrade it to Outlook the page goes white. It worked a few days ago. Does anyone else have the problem . Remember the Hotmail shows, it's only when I upgrade the page to Outlook.com or the address that I posted above

megaman

Re: Unable to open Outlook.com in PaleMoon

Unread post by megaman » 2012-09-28, 06:31

For me, the page went white then quickly redirected me to the mail center. So, it works fine on my end.

Rohugh

Unread post by Rohugh » 2012-09-28, 06:36

megaman wrote:For me, the page went white then quickly redirected me to the mail center. So, it works fine on my end.
For me too. I have had an Outlook.com account since it was announced and have had no problems with access.

mr666

Unread post by mr666 » 2012-10-05, 18:31

Me too got some problems,especially to paste saved passwords on log-in.
Paolo

Tallpaultn

Unread post by Tallpaultn » 2012-10-06, 14:12

New Outlook.com E-Mail works perfectly in Mozilla Firefox 16.0b6. :thumbup:

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2012-10-06, 17:34

Tallpaultn wrote:New Outlook.com E-Mail works perfectly in Mozilla Firefox 16.0b6. :thumbup:
New Outlook.com E-mail has been working in Palemoon since Outlook.com was released to the public and it's working fine on Palemoon 15.2 as well, so I don't get your point, but whatever works for you.

Rohugh

Unread post by Rohugh » 2012-10-06, 17:56

I am not totally sure what you mean by pasting saved passwords. I use LastPass and it works perfectly but if I try to copy a password and then paste it in the Outlook box it doesn't go in - unless you first type a letter (or number, anything) in the password box, then you can paste your password into it - removing the first "dot" afterwards. Dunno why but it it is the same in Google Chrome but not in IE9.

Tallpaultn

Unread post by Tallpaultn » 2012-10-06, 18:30

As I said, Megaman, it works fine in Firefox 16.0b6. Pale Moon 15.2 doesn't exist to the best of my knowledge... :o

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2012-10-06, 18:32

As I said, Tallpaultn, "New Outlook.com has been working in Palemoon." This includes all the previous versions as well, using 15.2 does not mean that it works any different than the other versions.

Tallpaultn

Unread post by Tallpaultn » 2012-10-06, 18:46

I beg your pardon, it has not been working in previous versions of Pale Moon...

Rohugh

Unread post by Rohugh » 2012-10-06, 18:53

Tallpaultn wrote:I beg your pardon, it has not been working in previous versions of Pale Moon...
...... for you, and yet it works for others. Strange.

Are you using a 32 bit or 64 bit browser?

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2012-10-06, 18:55

Tallpaultn wrote:I beg your pardon, it has not been working in previous versions of Pale Moon...
Since it has been working for me. I am curious, what problems do you come across?
Rohugh wrote:...... for you, and yet it works for others. Strange.
Both versions work for me, I was in 32-bit and just changed to 64-bit, but we are outnumbered 3 vs 2, so we have to work with what the problems are.

Tallpaultn

Unread post by Tallpaultn » 2012-10-06, 18:57

Maybe Firefox Developers can tell Pale Moon what to do to make Outlook.com E-Mail work in Pale Moon. ;)

Tallpaultn

Unread post by Tallpaultn » 2012-10-06, 19:00

Doesn't open e-mails & won't allow me to exit the program appropriately.

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2012-10-06, 19:04

Tallpaultn wrote:Doesn't open e-mails & won't allow me to exit the program appropriately.
Okay, that is more accurate. I will try to open e-mails and exit the program appropriately, by this I assume "Sign Out"-like option.

Edit: 15.2 X64 has no problems on that, I will try X86, then 15.1.1 X86 and X64. (Assuming that 15.1.1 is the target for this problem)
Last edited by megaman on 2012-10-06, 19:06, edited 1 time in total.

Tallpaultn

Unread post by Tallpaultn » 2012-10-06, 19:05

Yes.

Rohugh

Unread post by Rohugh » 2012-10-06, 19:22

PM15.1.1 Win 7 X86.

Signed into Outlook.com
Deleted two e-mails.
moved a few around.
Signed out.

No problems encountered. It has been like this with previous PM versions since I first registered/moved to Outlook.com.

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2012-10-06, 19:35

Rohugh wrote:PM15.1.1 Win 7 X86.
No problems encountered. It has been like this with previous PM versions since I first registered/moved to Outlook.com.
Pretty much the same thing with 15.2 X86 and X64, as well as the 15.1.1 X64.
Normal users should not come across problems unless some add-on, security software, or plugin interferes.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-10-06, 19:37

It would help greatly if you could include the standard troubleshooting information so we have details about your setup re: add-ons, plugins, changed preferences, etc.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Tallpaultn

Unread post by Tallpaultn » 2012-10-08, 18:10

At this time, Outlook.com (hotmail replacement) works as it should with Pale Moon version 15.2. ;)