[Solved] Scrolling Problems

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Sarris

[Solved] Scrolling Problems

Unread post by Sarris » 2012-09-27, 16:12

I'm having a scroll freeze since v15 x64. Ive got 15.1.1 x64 and still the problem persists. I start to scroll, and the screen locks up for 10+ sec then restarts the scroll. Like version 15, if I disable smooth scrolling, the problem goes away.

Am I the only one with this on the newest version, or are others experiencing this?

Using W7-64 SP1 w/ i5-2320 cpu @3.00GHz, 8gb ram, & Nvidia (Asus) GT440 video card.
Last edited by Sarris on 2012-09-27, 19:36, edited 2 times in total.

megaman

Re: Scrolling Problems

Unread post by megaman » 2012-09-27, 18:55

Let's see, we do not fit except with the same GT 440 and W7-64 SP1.

I have and i3-540 and 4GB of RAM, no lag problem with the scroll.

Do you use any add-ons?

sIDcORK

Unread post by sIDcORK » 2012-09-27, 19:02

I've had that with a variety of programs, cured by updating mouse drivers.

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2012-09-27, 19:12

Since he mentioned disabling the Hardware Acceleration, also it is recommended that he updates his graphic drivers, maybe Windows Updates overall.

Sarris

Unread post by Sarris » 2012-09-27, 19:29

Friends, my computer is ALWAYS up to date. This is not a issue of software or drivers not being updated.

I did forget to mention, that this doesn't happen every time I use Pale Moon. It seem as though it's most prevalent on my home page, and it may just be the home page itself, although it began w/ V15 x64.

Usually, when I first fire up PM, I scroll to the bottom of my home page, and this is usually when the problem manifests itself.

As I said, the problem goes away, and all is well afterwards.

I DO run some 45 add-ons, no issue there as far as I know. It occurs with add-ons disabled as well.

Rohugh

Unread post by Rohugh » 2012-09-27, 19:40

Sarris wrote:Friends, my computer is ALWAYS up to date. This is not a issue of software or drivers not being updated.

I did forget to mention, that this doesn't happen every time I use Pale Moon. It seem as though it's most prevalent on my home page, and it may just be the home page itself, although it began w/ V15 x64.
Is your home page a site we can see to run a check on it? Post the URL if possible.

Sarris

Unread post by Sarris » 2012-09-27, 19:46

This is my home page: http://www2.tbo.com/news/

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2012-09-27, 20:13

I get occasional stuttering there, due to the flash video, but scrolling was instant, something up with making as the start page? That could be loading other sources in the background, it could be your antivirus doing checks that delay your actions.

Sarris

Unread post by Sarris » 2012-09-27, 20:34

I have all scripting and flash on demand and not loaded automatically. You're probably right, it's most likely the site.

Thanks all. Solved

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-09-27, 20:51

If you have a large number of add-ons as you say, you have to realize that each and every one of them has to be loaded and initialized. Because of the nature of add-ons and the add-on interface (being mostly event-driven) your delay is actually likely caused by the combination of your add-ons with the site. It also being the first page you load, some of your add-ons may possibly only initialize when there is a page event.
This would explain the one-time nature of the delay.

Marked as solved.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite