Don't Load Tabs Till Selected Functionality

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Justiciar

Don't Load Tabs Till Selected Functionality

Unread post by Justiciar » 2012-09-26, 00:15

Let me start off by saying that I have installed Pale Moon x64 on a fresh Windows 7 x64 installation.

As the subject suggest the "Don't Load Tabs Until Selected" appears to be non-functional. Ticking the box appears to have no effect and tabs will continue to load regardless. I know this cannot be only me as I have a fresh Windows Installation. I am just looking for confirmation of this bug as I do not see that a topic has been created about it before this. Thanks.

aorbiter

Re: Don't Load Tabs Till Selected Functionality

Unread post by aorbiter » 2012-09-26, 19:36

I use tab mix plus as an addon. During addon updates, a restart of PaleMoon is required. Usually, the home page and the addon page is opened prior to the restart. Once the restart occurs, the addon page is the focus while the home page tab indicates it is not loading, by way of tab mix plus settings.

Justiciar

Unread post by Justiciar » 2012-09-27, 20:16

aorbiter wrote:I use tab mix plus as an addon. During addon updates, a restart of PaleMoon is required. Usually, the home page and the addon page is opened prior to the restart. Once the restart occurs, the addon page is the focus while the home page tab indicates it is not loading, by way of tab mix plus settings.
Yeeeah I'm not entirely sure why you are saying this, what the hell does it have to do with my problem? I don't care what addon you are using.

Rohugh

Unread post by Rohugh » 2012-09-27, 20:42

Does this happen if you have all your addons disabled, they can sometimes cause problems and it means re-enabling them one at a time until the culprit is found? I can't help further as I am on X86 and the "don't load" function works as it should for me.

Justiciar

Unread post by Justiciar » 2012-09-27, 21:51

It was a fresh install, and I never loaded any addons at all. And still have none.

greebo

Unread post by greebo » 2012-10-01, 11:58

Justiciar wrote:Let me start off by saying that I have installed Pale Moon x64 on a fresh Windows 7 x64 installation.
As the subject suggest the "Don't Load Tabs Until Selected" appears to be non-functional. Ticking the box appears to have no effect and tabs will continue to load regardless.
i have the same setup [win7 x64 and pm x64], but i WANT all tabs to load, but it does not work...

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2012-10-01, 17:45

greebo wrote:i have the same setup [win7 x64 and pm x64], but i WANT all tabs to load, but it does not work...
Your situation is the opposite, so unchecking does not work?
Justiciar wrote:As the subject suggest the "Don't Load Tabs Until Selected" appears to be non-functional.
That is very odd, I do not have this problem, so it can trickle down to your Profile or add-ons that are the culprit.
Do you use add-ons and if so, which ones.

greebo

Unread post by greebo » 2012-10-02, 09:11

my bad. it works both ways. with or without addons/extensions.