Netflix and Facebook

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Netflix and Facebook

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-12-09, 11:15

Richvideo wrote:Just sent a PM to Moonchild with the info, hopefully it leads to cooperation on Netflix's end to resolve the issues
Still waiting for that elusive PM... :coffee:
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Richvideo

Unread post by Richvideo » 2016-12-09, 17:42

Sorry, thought I sent it, maybe I hit preview instead of submit

I just re-sent the info

kizo07

Unread post by kizo07 » 2017-01-05, 13:25

For those who like to watch movies on the Netflix and prefers portables, without installing anything, maybe this can help http://www.thumbapps.org/2014/11/Silver ... table.html
I use this not so often, but it seems ok...no issues last 2 years.
Anyway, many knows about this already I think, but some maybe not.
Also, for those who have issues with flash player https://notepad.patheticcockroach.com/4 ... d-64-bits/

Note: from my experience, it's very tricky to clean uninstall/reinstall those two...Always remains some dll and in registry (search for some dedicated unistallers).

I hope this helps for someone, anyway use all precautions.

...for FaceBooker's...FB always going to have the occasional problems. The important thing is not to let them get you down.
:)

Richvideo

Unread post by Richvideo » 2017-01-05, 16:08

kizo07 wrote:For those who like to watch movies on the Netflix and prefers portables, without installing anything, maybe this can help http://www.thumbapps.org/2014/11/Silver ... table.html
I use this not so often, but it seems ok...no issues last 2 years.
Anyway, many knows about this already I think, but some maybe not.
Also, for those who have issues with flash player https://notepad.patheticcockroach.com/4 ... d-64-bits/

Note: from my experience, it's very tricky to clean uninstall/reinstall those two...Always remains some dll and in registry (search for some dedicated unistallers).

I hope this helps for someone, anyway use all precautions.

...for FaceBooker's...FB always going to have the occasional problems. The important thing is not to let them get you down.
:)
The issues I am having are not related to video playback-

1-Unable to access "My List" link on the Netflix home page
2-Can not add videos to my list using the Netflix webpage

I have to use this site to add videos to my queue now
http://instantwatcher.com/title/70136141

kizo07

Unread post by kizo07 » 2017-01-05, 16:46

Richvideo wrote:not related to video playback
Ups, Sorry! My bad. I thought that's some other post about Netflix issues.

...I gonna check My List too :)

Richvideo

Unread post by Richvideo » 2017-01-05, 20:54

Neil Hunt who is the Chief Product Officer at Netflix had someone from his team contact me today about the ongoing Netflix issues. He is willing to get on the phone with Moonchild this week to work things out so hopefully they can find some fixes.

I sent Moonchild a PM with the persons info so hopefully he will have an opportunity to reach out to them shortly

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2017-01-05, 21:14

I dont use netflix and the idea that your choice of browser should be dictated by whether it can stream netflix is absurd.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-01-06, 14:08

Richvideo wrote:Neil Hunt who is the Chief Product Officer at Netflix had someone from his team contact me today about the ongoing Netflix issues. He is willing to get on the phone with Moonchild this week to work things out so hopefully they can find some fixes.

I sent Moonchild a PM with the persons info so hopefully he will have an opportunity to reach out to them shortly
I find this whole "any response going through you" unworkable (and at least a little suspect). If nobody sends me a direct response then you can't expect me to keep sending mails to random contacts at Netflix. If Neil actually had someone contact you then they would normally have forwarded the mail to that person and they could contact me directly. That is the way forward here, not through you.

Sorry for the suspicion if it is ungrounded, but for all I know you just found these contact details in public records without actually having any contact with Netflix employees. I've given you the benefit of the doubt once already here with 0 response/result, and I'm not going to do it a second time.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Gandalfdjh
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Gandalfdjh » 2017-01-06, 14:20

Richvideo wrote:Neil Hunt who is the Chief Product Officer at Netflix had someone from his team contact me today about the ongoing Netflix issues. He is willing to get on the phone with Moonchild this week to work things out so hopefully they can find some fixes.

Why not just have them contact Moonchild directly or at least contact him here in the forum?
Image1911 remains the service pistol for all ages!
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." — Theodore Roosevelt

Gandalfdjh
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Gandalfdjh » 2017-01-06, 14:21

OOppss, sorry. Did not read that Moonchild already addressed this.

Richvideo

Unread post by Richvideo » 2017-01-06, 15:58

Gandalfdjh wrote:

Why not just have them contact Moonchild directly or at least contact him here in the forum?
I made the mistake of telling him that Moonchild would contact him, my bad
My feeling was that it was something to be dealt with via email and not on the forum...I assume also that is why the Netflix employee did not post on the forum.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-01-06, 16:48

Once again: I wrote a clear, detailed and concise e-mail to Neil (so yes, I contacted them). If their product lead wants to put someone on the case to solve their web compat issues, I would expect whichever person on the case to contact me directly (since they have my contacting info), and not anyone else. Going over multiple contacts blindly with the same e-mail content is not a practice I'm willing to adopt, no matter how desperately you want Netflix' web UI to work.
If they ultimately fall short on being browser-agnostic and accessible, then it will be on their heads. If they prefer to become a Google-only subsidiary with Widevine and a web UI that only properly works in Chrome, then they can expect to lose customers over it. If you as a user want the cake and eat it too, then use Pale Moon for all your normal stuff, and a "supported" browser for their service, specifically.

Richvideo

Unread post by Richvideo » 2017-01-06, 18:02

Fair enough,
I will Email the guy today and inform him that you wrote a detailed letter to Neil Hunt and I will tell him that he should request that Neil forwards it to him for review and then contacts you directly so I can stop being the middle man.
I guess the email subject would have been Pale Moon, I don't know you email address so I can't tell them what it is in case he is not seeing it in his inbox for whatever reason.

Richvideo

Unread post by Richvideo » 2017-01-07, 17:51

Not sure what I did wrong here
Went out of my way to track down someone high up at Netflix to help with the Netflix UI issues that Moonchild points out stems from Netflix itself
I hoped that this would would lead to more cooperation with them in regards to the Pale Moon browser

I pestered after Neil Hunt who is the chief product officer at Netflix for a few weeks, he eventually reached out to me and put me in contact with with one of the guys on his team. I was happy to see some forward progress and this fellow really seems willing to help out (he has quickly responded to few emails I sent to him)

Initially I sent Moonchild Neil Hunt's contact info and asked him to drop him a letter detailing the issues. Moonchild did this on Dec 9th and he did not get a response..It was disappointed but it being the holidays and the guy being the product chief
of a billion dollar company he might be busy and he overlooked the email or it ended up in his SPAM, etc.

I chased Neil Hunt down again this week asking him if he was in touch with the Pale Moon developer yet --That is when he had this guy on the programming team contact me.Neil did not send me a letter informing me that he was doing this or if he had chatted with Moonnchild,he just had this guy reach out to me...The programmer that contacted me is in charge of the Netflix UI so I think that he can help
https://www.linkedin.com/in/sampan

Things seem to be at a standstill at this point because-

Neil Hunt the Netflix chief product officer did not respond to the one email Moonchild sent for whaterver reason

Moonchild wants that email that was sent to Neil to be found by Neil and forwarded to Neil Hunt's programmer

Moonchild will not copy and paste the info that he sent to Neil Hunt into a new email and send it to his programmer who actually wants to help out so we can move forward on this thing.

Again I don't know what I did wrong, I just wanted help out myself and my fellow users by being proactive in trying to resolve some issues and doing some of the legwork that Moonchild might not have the time to do since the task of keeping this browser working smoothly is a massive undertaking.

I feel like a d**k now because I knocked on all these door at Netflix and they finally answered my request for help and now
I have to explain that the developer is not going to contact you because you have to find that email that Moochild sent to Neil and then you are to contact him after you find it or he is not dealing with you....I did tell them this in a nice way and the guy responded by saying,I am paraphrasing "can you just have him contact me" he even gave us his personal email address and his phone number .... so as you can see we are about one step away from losing a direct contact at Neflix that could help us when Pale Moon/Netflix issues arise.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2017-01-07, 18:00

No need to feel bad - you did nothing wrong. :thumbup:

Greywool
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Greywool » 2017-01-07, 18:14

From what I understood of Moonchild's previous posts, it would help a ton if whoever'll be the contact at Netflix's end sent MC an email. Instead of MC sending the same email to someone and then someone else. And if this guy'll never respond back either and you come back with another address? Then another. And so on.

If you've established someone who's really willing to cooperate with us, have 'em contact Moonchild.

Richvideo

Unread post by Richvideo » 2017-01-07, 18:29

Greywool wrote:From what I understood of Moonchild's previous posts, it would help a ton if whoever'll be the contact at Netflix's end sent MC an email. Instead of MC sending the same email to someone and then someone else. And if this guy'll never respond back either and you come back with another address? Then another. And so on.

If you've established someone who's really willing to cooperate with us, have 'em contact Moonchild.
As I have said before I don't have MC's email to give them..DO you really thing that the guy is going to sit there and sign up to join the forum to send him a PM..I am sure that his willingness to help has limits

One email has been sent by MC
Is it really that much of a chore to send it to one more person?

The guy has responded back to me immediately after writing him more than once, unlike Neil hunt, but Neil is the chief over there do you think he is just going to drop everything to deal with me or MC

I told MC just send this guy the info you sent Neil since he is the actual person in charge of the Netflix UI, if he does not get back to him then F-Them and it is done, but like I said just one email has been sent at this point...Is it really worth dropping this because of one un-responded email honestly?

Gandalfdjh
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Gandalfdjh » 2017-01-07, 19:28

Greywool wrote:From what I understood of Moonchild's previous posts, it would help a ton if whoever'll be the contact at Netflix's end sent MC an email. Instead of MC sending the same email to someone and then someone else. And if this guy'll never respond back either and you come back with another address? Then another. And so on.

I agree with Greywool

Also Moonchild has a company called Moonchild Productions, which I am sure has a contact page.

Richvideo

Unread post by Richvideo » 2017-01-07, 20:18

Gandalfdjh wrote:

I agree with Greywool

Also Moonchild has a company called Moonchild Productions, which I am sure has a contact page.
You would have define "Really" in this context,he reached out to me and wants to help, is he going to go the extra mile to do it I can't answer that.

You are correct, I do see that Moonchild productions has an email address listed, if someone told me this earlier maybe what is going on now could have been avoided.
Look I just feel the most efficient and least problematic way to go froward right now is for MC to just contact Sam Pan directly with the same info he sent Neil Hunt
The guy is either going to respond or he is not and at that point it is a dead end and the conversation is over

Sure I can send another email to the guy now that I have the direct email to MC and tell him to contact and introduce himself to MC but their might be some some frustration on his end wondering why it is so hard for MC to contact him. I am just asking for MC to help me out a little by contacting Sam first so I can step out of this position of acting as the middle man begging each side to talk to each other.I honestly don't know why this has become so complicated.

CharmCityCrab

Unread post by CharmCityCrab » 2017-01-07, 21:07

Gandalfdjh wrote: Also Moonchild has a company called Moonchild Productions, which I am sure has a contact page.
moonchild.prods@gmail.com

I assume I can share this because it's posted publicly on his website here:

http://www.moonchildproductions.info/contact/

I also want to include the disclaimer, which is:

"For support questions for the Pale Moon web browser, please don't use the information on this page, but go to the Pale Moon forum instead."

This is something I looked up purely to help Rich facilitate the thing with Netflix. Please don't use it for other purposes.