Problem playing videos on facebook

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
realmccoy

Problem playing videos on facebook

Unread post by realmccoy » 2012-08-28, 19:30

Hi All :thumbup: ,
First of all I need to say a massive thank-you to you gifted people who make (literally) Palemoon the fantastic browser it is :clap: ,what a difference this browser make to my little bit over the hill >vista 32 bit Athlon 64 budget desktop ,I really get 100% from palemoon and will be forever great-full for all your hard work .

My Browser work's like a dream ,really fast and so easy on ram ,what a excellent programme you guys put together :thumbup:

So I'll get right to the point ,(hope this is in right section,did do search) ,Every bit of my palemoon work's fantastic ,the only problem i have is trying to play video's in Facebook ,it keep's saying install latest flash which of course I've done (and run uninstall flash player then reinstall for Palemoon and IE8) I've Google'd and searched/posted forum's ,really stuck what to do ,I know i can open IE8 but hate the browser and would love to solve this ,waited to 15.0 came out but no joy ,I know the fault is with Flash player end ,but if there are any tip's ,solutions I would be so happy :clap:

Many Many thank's in advance ,and again what a superb Browser ,take my hat of to you guys.

Any replies would be so welcome and appreciated :thumbup: ,

John . :geek:

lyceus

Re: Problem playing videos on facebook

Unread post by lyceus » 2012-08-28, 21:38

Hi!

You may want to install Adobe Flash plugin 11.4 in 32 bits and check if it works. The x64 versions are really outdated (11.3 or 11.2 which are somewhat buggy). So maybe Facebook checks the version of your x64 Flash plugin (don't accept any version below 11.4) and expects you have the "common vanilla" 32 bits version.

tribaljet
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by tribaljet » 2012-08-28, 22:36

Ãdobe no longer ships separate x86 and x64 installers, they have been combined into a single installer, with two versions still available, ActiveX and plugin version.
Portuguese translator of Pale Moon

sIDcORK

Unread post by sIDcORK » 2012-08-28, 23:05

Flash64 11.4 certainly exists and works perfectly well. The simplest thing to do with Flash problems is to uninstall it and re-install from the Macromedia site.

realmccoy

Unread post by realmccoy » 2012-08-28, 23:57

Cheers for replies ,i have run uninstaler for flash then reinstall ,using >11,4,402,265 latest version ,still no joy ,the problem has been happening since the last 'few' flash versions .

I think i've confused people by saying i use athlon 64 in same sentence as vista 32bit version , i have both versions the Active x and plug-in for IE8 and palemoon ,only thing i can think of now is uninstall both flash versions then install palemoon first then IE8 ,instead of other way round ,cheers for all reply's guys .

If no joy then i might just reformat p.c. as i usually hyave to do this about every 7-8 months to get max performance .

cheers for all your help guys ,will post back if i get a fix ,cheers again. :thumbup: