PaleMoon 15 transparent images

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
iGodNano

PaleMoon 15 transparent images

Unread post by iGodNano » 2012-08-28, 17:09

I don't like the way the latest PaleMoon handles .png and .gif images with transparent backgrounds. It changes the transparent values into a solid white. I want to view these kinds of images the way they were intended. How can I change this setting back to the way it was before?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: PaleMoon 15 transparent images

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-08-28, 20:49

Hmm, this has been an unintended change, but something that was inherently adopted from the Firefox code base.
Thanks for letting me know, since I had not noticed this (my focus has been on the core engine and UI) - I'll put it on the to-do list for 15.1

In the meantime, a workaround is to drop the attached .css file in res\ under the application's installation folder (overwriting the existing one there). That will force transparent backgrounds to all images displayed as top level (raw) image. (attached as zip, just unpack)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

iGodNano

Re: PaleMoon 15 transparent images

Unread post by iGodNano » 2012-08-28, 21:02

Yep, that certainly did the trick, and I'm happy it kept the new background as well.

Thank you!