about:config tweaks - Is it worth it?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Neosum

about:config tweaks - Is it worth it?

Unread post by Neosum » 2012-08-28, 09:26

I've been firefox for a long time and have done some about:config tweaking. I switched to palemoon some years ago and brought that habbit over. I currently have these tweaks done to my copy of palemoon, but it's been so long that I don't even remember which ones I've modified. I'm referring to the pipelining, max connections, etc..

I'm in the process of building a new computer and decided to start out fresh with a new copy of palemoon (and windows). I have a very fast computer with a very fast internet connection and I want my copy of palemoon to take advantage of it. My question is, are any of the about:config tweaks even worth tinkering with? I understand that palemoon comes optimized, but are there any more tweaks that I can apply to milk it even further? If so, what settings would you guys recommend?

I've seen a thread that talked about this but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: about:config tweaks - Is it worth it?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-08-28, 09:55

The about:config entries in Pale Moon, especially for the networking section, are optimized for the browser's engine and build.
Any further tweaking on it is likely to degrade performance, not improve it.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite