Youtube videos missing speed option

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
mysticfree

Youtube videos missing speed option

Unread post by mysticfree » 2016-08-02, 14:02

I'm using Pale Moon (Version: 26.3.3 (x86)) on a Windows 7 Pro (32 bit). I noticed when I play a Youtube video, the setting option for speed is not shown in Pale Moon as it is in Firefox (v47). Is there a way to restore this option?

Thanks,
Ron
Attachments
YouTube - firefox.png
YouTube - firefox.png (91.97 KiB) Viewed 815 times
YouTube - Pale Moon.png
YouTube - Pale Moon.png (73.39 KiB) Viewed 815 times

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: Youtube videos missing speed option

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2016-08-02, 14:35

One.. The Flash player which you are using on Pale Moon (second screenshot) does not have that option. Only the HTML5 player has it. Assuming you enable the HTML5 player keep in mind this only works to a degree the slowest speed will not work at all and depending on the video none of it may work as expected. The new milestone to become Pale Moon 27 will have improved support.

Additionally, Pale Moon is not Firefox and never will be again. Please keep that in mind.

mysticfree

Re: Youtube videos missing speed option

Unread post by mysticfree » 2016-08-02, 15:39

Thank you, Matt. I'm looking forward to Pale Moon doing a better job with Internet protocols than Firefox.