Sites that don't work with PM 26 (Goanna) - roundup

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Badger Murphy

Re: Sites that don't work with PM 26 (Goanna) - roundup

Unread post by Badger Murphy » 2016-02-01, 23:30

Moonchild wrote:
  • Google hangouts: this is an unknown server-side issue (looks like one of their authentication services doesn't like us) and there is no available information about the cause. We do not have a solution for this currently; your only hope is writing to Google and having them fix it.
Thanks so much for addressing my issue! I am not particularly optimistic about their willingness to assist, but such is the nature of excessively large faceless corporations. At any rate, do you or anyone present have any leads as to which group at Google I should try to contact on this issue? I am not having any luck locating the contact info for the webmaster of this particular site. I can try their normal support email, but I doubt that will get me to who I need to talk to.

Thanks!

sIDcORK

Unread post by sIDcORK » 2016-02-02, 00:07

speedtest.net, the beta non Flash beta version that only appears if you actually uninstall Flash doesn't work for me any more but still does in other browsers.

Neil_Parks

Unread post by Neil_Parks » 2016-02-02, 00:47

I cannot log in to my bank, citizensbankonline.com, with PM 26. It is a two-page procedure--you enter the userID on the first page and the password on the second. PM26 crashes when I enter my ID and press the submit button on the first page.

A similar error occurs on a site called pesachinlancaster.com. There is a single page "contact" form that works well, but a multipage "reservations" form further down on the same page does not. Again, I fill in the required fields on the first page, press the "continue" button, and it is bye-bye browser. (Ironically, if I don't fill in all the required fields, the error msg works fine.)

UPDATE: This very forum exhibits the same behavior if I click on "Preview" after writing a post.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2016-02-02, 01:02

Badger Murphy wrote:... do you or anyone present have any leads as to which group at Google I should try to contact on this issue? I am not having any luck locating the contact info for the webmaster of this particular site. I can try their normal support email, but I doubt that will get me to who I need to talk to.
You might try Google Contact us
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-02-02, 01:06

sIDcORK wrote:speedtest.net, the beta non Flash beta version that only appears if you actually uninstall Flash doesn't work for me any more but still does in other browsers.
It seems they are UA sniffing and it gets stuck in a redirect loop on the Pale Moon v26 UA. Using an override "Firefox/38.0" brings it up proper and works 100%. I've nudged them about it via Facebook (since their Feedback link is a 404)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2016-02-02, 03:25

Katryne wrote:Can you please give me a link to the last PM 25 release
PM main page menubar -> Download -> Other -> Archived versions
then:
ftp://archive:get@ftp.palemoon.org/Pale_Moon/

Rilder

Unread post by Rilder » 2016-02-02, 05:11

While the rest of http://worldofwarships.com seems to work fine, the http://worldofwarships.com/en/project_r/ portion of it seems to be refusing to load everything except the top bar (and the background color). Firefox loads it fine. Screenshot of how it looks for me

I sent a ticket at Wargaming as well about the issue, though I don't expect much from it.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-02-02, 11:29

Rilder wrote:the http://worldofwarships.com/en/project_r/ portion of it seems to be refusing to load everything except the top bar

Code: Select all

Error: Error: useless setTimeout call (missing quotes around argument?)
Source File: http://worldofwarships-na.gcdn.co/static/7ecf91236f3/project_r/project_r.js
Line: 44
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tomaso » 2016-02-02, 20:16

Can't log in @ https://www.indiegala.com/

Yes, I've already posted this under 'Bug reports' here:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=10911/
..but I a roundup thread sounds like a good idea. :)

Anyway, like I wrote before; I can log in just fine using PM v25.8.1.
..but when using v26.0.0, nothing happens after I've completed the required log-in captcha.

In v26.0.0 there are 3 different errors with orange exclamation marks, listed in the console:
SyntaxError: 08 is not a legal ECMA-262 octal constant

Use of attributes' specified attribute is deprecated. It always returns true.

Use of getAttributeNode() is deprecated. Use getAttribute() instead.
While in v25.8.1 there are only 2 errors with orange exclamation marks:
SyntaxError: 08 is not a legal ECMA-262 octal constant

Use of attributes' specified attribute is deprecated. It always returns true.
--

EDIT:
The problem remains in PM v26.0.2.
Last edited by Tomaso on 2016-02-03, 14:37, edited 2 times in total.

Ziko577
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Ziko577 » 2016-02-03, 04:47

The Metlife insurance site has an issue where you cannot look at policy details and results in a blank screen. Other than that, the site works ok on PM 26. My folks only view the site once a month but it's irritating when it doesn't load. It works ok on PM 25.8.1 though. Sure hope it gets fixed with the update as I couldn't contact anyone who could fix it on their end.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2016-02-03, 16:42

Ziko577 wrote:The Metlife insurance site has an issue where you cannot look at policy details and results in a blank screen. Other than that, the site works ok on PM 26. My folks only view the site once a month but it's irritating when it doesn't load. It works ok on PM 25.8.1 though. Sure hope it gets fixed with the update as I couldn't contact anyone who could fix it on their end.
I'm able to login into https://online.metlife.com on PM 26.0.0 as well as PM 26.0.2, there are probably several login URL's that Metlife uses, which specific URL is not working for you?
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2016-02-03, 17:40

Katryne wrote:Even my own websites cannot be seen properly with PaleMoon 26. Mostly with DailyMotion embed.
I would like very much to use again PM 25. I am a basic user, I do not understand a lot in the technical details, but I do not like this new Goanna thing. I chose PaleMoon some months ago, because I could not use the new australis Firefox. I just feel now like I was back at this time. Of course, now that I am with Windows 10, I could use Edge ...
Can you please give me a link to the last PM 25 release, which was all that I like and need ?
Older Download VERSIONS for Pale Moon can be found at FILEHORSE.COM (keep in mind as always for any software older versions are less secure)

ADDENDUM: Thanks coffeebreak for pointing this out. It is of course best to use what you have posted so I would recommend following the post BELOW MINE posted by coffebreak. :thumbup: I thought that there might be an exclusive proprietary website of archived Pale Moon versions but didn't off-hand find it. I also missed the previous post covering this, my bad. :oops: :thumbdown:
Last edited by Pallid Planetoid on 2016-02-03, 19:15, edited 3 times in total.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2016-02-03, 18:44

Pale Moon Rising wrote:Older Download VERSIONS for Pale Moon can be found at FILEHORSE.COM (keep in mind as always for any software older versions are less secure)
It's not necessary to use a 3d-party site for older versions of Pale Moon (unless of course you really want to), there's an official archive.

Link and directions are a few posts above yours:
http://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?p=77037#p77037

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2016-02-03, 19:18

^ Thanks coffebreak for the heads up :thumbup:, it is of course best to use what you have posted and I have edited my original post to reflect this. Again thanks for catching this. ;) I have bookmarked the links you've provided for future reference. :idea:

Skywise

Unread post by Skywise » 2016-02-04, 01:35

FYI - Still seeing the same problem on TaxAct with version 26.0.2 (Can login and view the site fine but when I start to fill out the tax forms and get the SSL/frames connection the sub forms/questions never load)

(Windows 7x64)

(BTW, in the version text in the Help - About box, is that fixed to black or the dominant theme color or white? I'm assuming theme color becasae I've got my theme set to inverted, white text on black background, and the version string is white text on the palemoon background. :) )

Scribe
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by Scribe » 2016-02-04, 07:49

I've seen the about:config entry that has been added, and can confirm that Yuku forums are now OK in 26.0.2, which must be one of the quickest browser fixes in history - thanks very much. :D

I did report it to Yuku, and received the following response, so just maybe in time they will institute a fix from their end as well -

''Three of my own members at my Yuku board use Palemoon, and they all reported this, so I've passed it on to our programmers.

I do have to tell you that we don't support palemoon though, there are literally over 100 browsers out there, we can only support the main ones. However, I do hope it can be looked at and fixed because I have a feeling that this could be a forerunner of the same kind of trouble in other browsers.
It happened in chrome once after a chrome update. I use chrome, so I know how annoying that was.''

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2016-02-04, 09:56

26.0.2 apparently broke http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4 (it worked fine in 26). It's impossible to log in. The site instantly gives out wrong email/password error upon clickin on login link. You don't even get prompted for credentials. Can anyone confirm this?

edit:
Nevermind, it was the bloody Clean Links plugin. Piece of crap completely breaks redirects.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-02-04, 12:09

It's possible that some rare sites still refuse to have their login work or specific functionality on the site work in Pale Moon 26.0 due to the fix for CVE-2016-1939 that's included, preventing certain cookies from being set.
More specifically, these sites will display the same behavior in Firefox 44 (but work in 43), if they try to set cookies (via headers) that have spaces in the cookie name.

I'll make this more lenient in the next release since spaces likely don't actually cause any harm, but the sites should ultimately try to adhere to standard practice and not have spaces in cookie names (See RFC6265).

Related bug: bug #1244505
Related publication by Mozilla: https://www.fxsitecompat.com/en-CA/docs ... kie-names/

Neil_Parks

Unread post by Neil_Parks » 2016-02-04, 20:06

Neil_Parks wrote:I cannot log in to my bank, citizensbankonline.com, with PM 26. It is a two-page procedure--you enter the userID on the first page and the password on the second. PM26 crashes when I enter my ID and press the submit button on the first page.

This very forum exhibits the same behavior if I click on "Preview" after writing a post.
These crashes have NOT been fixed in 26,0,2.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2016-02-04, 22:38

Can't reproduce a crash but i didn't have a account and i block scripts from nexus.ensighten.com because of bad WOT reputation.

Anyway i get a UT8 error from https://www5.citizensbankonline.com/efs ... w-wait.jsp so the site need to fix the charset to make it utf8 or allow it.
Ein Formular wurde in der windows-1252-Kodierung abgesendet, das nicht alle Unicode-Zeichen kodieren kann, daher könnten Benutzereingaben beschädigt sein. Um dieses Problem zu vermeiden, sollte die Seite geändert werden, sodass das Formular in der UTF-8-Kodierung gesendet wird, entweder durch Änderung der Kodierung der Seite selbst oder durch Angabe von accept-charset=utf-8 am form-Element. @ https://www5.citizensbankonline.com/efs ... w-wait.jsp