Sites that don't work with PM 26 (Goanna) - roundup

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Sites that don't work with PM 26 (Goanna) - roundup

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2016-10-09, 23:19

Perhaps v27 will be addressing issues like this as well. :think: :D (which is to say that which was described at the bottom of the previous page as the font that appears to be quote: "washed out and blurry".

Btw, noticing the typo on the last post on the previous page and because I'm unable to edit the post, I'll now take the opportunity to say that the "juxtaposed to Pale Moon for purposed of comparison" line above should have been "juxtaposed to Pale Moon for purposes of comparison" instead of the typo "juxtaposed to Pale Moon for purposed of comparison". :oops: ... my bad.... ;)
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Wenisin

Unread post by Wenisin » 2016-10-16, 11:49

Recently began to notice a feature that some sites do not work. Could this be caused by the fact that the last time I tried to use a proxy server (advanced.name - if that matters at all)?

snertev

Unread post by snertev » 2016-10-16, 12:49

Wenisin wrote:Recently began to notice a feature that some sites do not work. Could this be caused by the fact that the last time I tried to use a proxy server (advanced.name - if that matters at all)?
It's likely a A/B test from Facebook, because I have multiple FB accounts ( :oops: ) and on the same PC some accounts show this issue and some accounts don't.

nmalinoski

Unread post by nmalinoski » 2016-10-22, 14:53

For a long time for me, the Flash Player Update page, specifically the one the client updater sends me to on get3.adobe.com, would not load correctly. The 'Update now' button would redirect me to the Adobe home page.

Digging a bit, I found what looks like the same updater at get.adobe.com/flashplayer, which strangely works just fine with the same exact browser configuration:
  • Pale Moon 26.5.0, with user agent of Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.2) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/20160923 PaleMoon/26.5.0
  • NoScript blocking by default, with adobe.com temporarily whitelisted;
  • AdBlock Latitude enabled
  • Disconnect enabled, with site blacklisted
  • All cookies from these pages blocked; and
  • Firefox Compatibility Mode turned off.
After a some trial and error, I'm finding that, while both of these updaters do user-agent sniffing to determine which installer to ship, they seem to go about it slightly differently. I don't really want to go spelunking into Adobe's JavaScript, but it looks like the /flashplayer/ variant is either aware of Pale Moon or has an additional detection mechanism to identify the browser as Firefox; and the /flashplayer/update/plugin/ variant really wants to see 'Firefox' in the user agent.

As a workaround for those who do not want to use Firefox Compatibility Mode but still want to use the updater the client notification links to, pop open about:config, add a new String named "general.useragent.override.adobe.com" with the value: "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:38.9) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/2.2 Firefox/38.9 PaleMoon/26.5.0".

nimanima
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by nimanima » 2017-02-08, 20:57

Does anybody see anything here? For me it's first a blank page saying that mypg.de is loading and then after a few seconds a blank page. IE plays it, even my old dinosaur version of Firefox shows it. Not that I usethat page often, but it would be nice to see what other folks are talking about when shared elsewhere.

https://www.mypg.de/#!/video/klassiker- ... iner-katze

Andrew Gilbertson

Unread post by Andrew Gilbertson » 2017-02-08, 22:09

nimanima wrote:Does anybody see anything here? For me it's first a blank page saying that mypg.de is loading and then after a few seconds a blank page. IE plays it, even my old dinosaur version of Firefox shows it. Not that I usethat page often, but it would be nice to see what other folks are talking about when shared elsewhere.

https://www.mypg.de/#!/video/klassiker- ... iner-katze
I get the attached. Once I allow scripts from youtube.com and ytimg.com, I get a YouTube video embedded in that big white space on the page.

Edit: This is 27.0.3; I just realized that this is a v26 thread.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-02-09, 09:31

Andrew Gilbertson wrote:Edit: This is 27.0.3; I just realized that this is a v26 thread.
I'm surprised people are still posting here.
All this information is now obsolete, so I'll be locking this thread. If there are issues with the current release versions, then please make a topic (after searching to see if it was already reported or not!).
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite