latest update won't store passwords

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
slavetocoffee2
New to the forum
New to the forum

latest update won't store passwords

Unread post by slavetocoffee2 » 2022-08-07, 21:27

Operating system:
Browser version:
32-bit or 64-bit browser?:
Problem URL:
Browser theme (if not default):
Installed add-ons:
Installed plugins: (about:plugins):

If possible, please include the output of help->troubleshooting information (as text):
**PASTE troubleshooting information here**
Just got the latest update today. No passwords were retained (although the .json file looks intact). Tried all the listed tricks (e.g, clearing cache) but nothing works. Pale Moon asks if I want to store the password, but doesn't actually store the password even though it's allowed to do so both generally and for specific websites. Also, it won't create a new .json file if I rename or move the old one (and yes, it's running as an administrator). I don't see a solution on this forum for the very latest update, only for older ones (e.g., going into about:config and resetting an old value which no longer exists in this update). Any ideas?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: latest update won't store passwords

Unread post by Moonchild » 2022-08-08, 19:25

slavetocoffee2 wrote:
2022-08-07, 21:27
Just got the latest update today.
Which version did you update from?

Also, please provide the troubleshooting information asked for.
"The best revenge is to not be like the person who wronged you." -- Marcus Aurelius
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb