so I can't use pinned tabs as start-up pages?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
lonesomepoint

so I can't use pinned tabs as start-up pages?

Unread post by lonesomepoint » 2021-10-16, 16:44

I seem to have unexpectedly discovered a limitation to the "Use Current Pages" option that is available for one's home page selection. This interesting curiosity evidently affects any browser using some Mozilla code, because I tried it in Firefox with the same result.

I clicked Use Current Pages, and of the 5-7 tabs I had up, Pale Moon put in only the un-pinned ones. The obvious solution that I found is, of course, to unpin all the pages. That allowed Use Current Pages to successfully capture all of them.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: so I can't use pinned tabs as start-up pages?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-10-16, 17:07

Pinned tabs are always loaded so it doesn't make sense to use them in the "home page" section since then you'd effectively be loading them twice on startup.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

athenian200
Contributing developer
Contributing developer

Re: so I can't use pinned tabs as start-up pages?

Unread post by athenian200 » 2021-10-16, 17:38

As a workaround, you can manually enter the same pages instead of using the button. If you do this, the website will be loaded once in the pinned tab, and once in a normal tab for your home page. So you can have the same website as your homepage and as a pinned tab, but you cannot have your homepage tab also be a pinned tab, which might be what you're wanting. The reason it's excluded by default is to prevent it from being loaded twice, because that's not what most people want.
"The Athenians, however, represent the unity of these opposites; in them, mind or spirit has emerged from the Theban subjectivity without losing itself in the Spartan objectivity of ethical life. With the Athenians, the rights of the State and of the individual found as perfect a union as was possible at all at the level of the Greek spirit." -- Hegel's philosophy of Mind