Firebase/Firestore not working

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
NancyJ

Firebase/Firestore not working

Unread post by NancyJ » 2018-11-17, 12:52

I'm working on a very basic firestore implementation, I started working on it months ago and came back to it today to find its not working when it was definitely working before. After hours of debugging and googling, I came to the conclusion that it palemoon that's the problem, not my code. I may have also come to this conclusion months ago and forgotten! So I can't say for sure if it ever working in PM

This is the message I'm seeing in the console:
@firebase/firestore: Firestore (5.5.1): Could not reach Cloud Firestore backend. Connection failed 1 times. Most recent error: FirebaseError:

Code: Select all

: Fetching auth token failed: A network error (such as timeout, interrupted connection or unreachable host) has occurred.
This typically indicates that your device does not have a healthy Internet connection at the moment. The client will operate in offline mode until it is able to successfully connect to the backend.

Firefox, IE and Chrome all run the code just fine so it seems like something in PM that's blocking it

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Firebase/Firestore not working

Unread post by therube » 2018-11-18, 14:05

What is firebase/firestore?
Is there some URL associated with it?

NancyJ

Unread post by NancyJ » 2018-11-18, 17:00

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-11-18, 17:24

NancyJ wrote: it seems like something in PM that's blocking it
We're not purposefully blocking anything in that respect.
It is however possible that e.g. whatever connection is attempted does not meet Pale Moon's minimum connection security requirements, or that Google is actively blocking connections from Pale Moon. Without more details, this remains guesswork, however. Which host is running the Cloud Firestore?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

NancyJ

Unread post by NancyJ » 2018-11-20, 11:20

The actual firestore is hosted by google. The code that's interacting with the firestore is currently on my local computer, however I've also tried it on my linode and the result was the same.

NancyJ

Unread post by NancyJ » 2018-11-21, 15:19

FFS, it was noscript. Hours of debugging and I didn't notice the little icon change