Ebay & Google Chrome Problems

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
rumorct

Ebay & Google Chrome Problems

Unread post by rumorct » 2018-08-26, 15:00

I am a seller on eBay and had a few problems with seller functions after their most recent updates. After speaking to eBay technical support they told me that their update and system is now written to work with Google Chrome only and that I would not be able to us Pale Moon if I wanted the functions to work. Thought I would mention this and also ask if their is anything that Pale Moon can do so those of us that do not want to support Google don't have too. Thanks

princemoga

Re: Ebay & Google Chrome Problems

Unread post by princemoga » 2018-09-18, 19:07

Try the newer or older version of google chrome

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Ebay & Google Chrome Problems

Unread post by Night Wing » 2018-09-18, 21:59

The OP is definitely wrong when he says, as a seller, eBay "only" works with Google Chrome.

My next door neighbor, who owns a computer repair shop, is also an eBay seller. I just spoke with him. He has no problems with his selling functions using Firefox. His wife runs his eBay business from their home. She manages their eBay account on her Apple desktop tower computer and she uses the Safari browser.

If eBay would only allow eBay sellers to use only Google Chrome, they would lose a lot of their sellers in my opinion. And I would suspect any eBay seller who uses Pale Moon, they probably don't have any problems either.

Whoever at eBay technical support gave him the info that eBay sellers only works with Chrome, is giving out incorrect info.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox