Facebook Call Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with technical Pale Moon issues (Windows and other non-Linux O.S.). Please direct questions about the Linux version to the appropriate Linux board.

Moderators: trava90, satrow

Forum rules
This board is for technical/usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only. The main focus here is on Pale Moon on Windows. Please direct your questions for Linux, Android and Mac to the dedicated boards.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in "technical chat"
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
mhkanon
Moongazer
Moongazer

Facebook Call

Postby mhkanon » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:24 am

Can it possible to call facebook call system by PM.........??? I try sevaral times but every time it show "Connect a camera and a microphone to make a call. If they're already connected, try restarting your browser and closing any other applications that use a camera or microphone." then it close. Anyone Can help me for that..........???

coffeebreak
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Facebook Call  Topic is solved

Postby coffeebreak » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:49 am

I believe that system relies on WebRTC which Pale Moon doesn't support.

From Pale Moon: Technical Details
WebRTC. Apart from opening up a whole can of worms security/privacy-wise, "Web Real Time Chat" (comparable with Skype video calls and the likes) is not considered useful or desired functionality for Pale Moon (both according to the developers and the users of the browser at large). This is best left to dedicated programs or at most a browser plug-in.

Return to “General support”