Search management -- advanced Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
infti
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Search management -- advanced

Unread post by infti » 2017-06-27, 16:27

I am grateful that Pale Moon has many of the good features of the old Opera 12.17.

One thing I cannot find on Pale Moon is a way to invoke a search engine using a single letter. For example, in Opera, if I want to find the Wikipedia article on a subject, say "modality", I would enter "w medicare" in the address field and this would invoke the url "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medicare". Similarly, I can use "g" for Google, "d" for Dogpile, and so on. It make on little bit of life much easier.

Is there any way to do this in Pale Moon?

Thanks.

Toa-Nuva
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Search management -- advanced

Unread post by Toa-Nuva » 2017-06-27, 19:13

Sure. Go to the website (e.g., Wikipedia) and right-click the search field on the website. Select "Add a Keyword for this Search...", enter any keyword (which can also be a single-letter keyword such as "w") and press "Save". This should take effect immediately. Repeat for any website you want to use this way. ;)

infti
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Re: Search management -- advanced

Unread post by infti » 2017-06-27, 19:49

Thanks. Very nice. Seems to work!