No URL when hovering? Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
solariszero

No URL when hovering?

Unread post by solariszero » 2017-06-24, 00:46

This is another issue that I'm having -- whenever I go to hover over a link, I don't see a preview of the link I want to click in my toolbar.

Here's what I see.

Is this supposed to be intentional or no?

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: No URL when hovering?

Unread post by Night Wing » 2017-06-24, 02:39

When I hover over a link, whether I'm using 64 bit linux Pale Moon 27.3.0 or 32 bit windows Pale Moon 27.3.0, I always see the preview of the URL link in my Status Bar.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2017-06-24, 03:30

solariszero wrote:whenever I go to hover over a link, I don't see a preview of the link I want to click in my toolbar.
If you go to Tools > Status bar options > General tab, what do you have "Show links in" set to?
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

solariszero

Unread post by solariszero » 2017-06-24, 03:55

Nigaikaze wrote:
solariszero wrote:whenever I go to hover over a link, I don't see a preview of the link I want to click in my toolbar.
If you go to Tools > Status bar options > General tab, what do you have "Show links in" set to?
I have it set to show in Status Bar. I also have Stylish set to reveal the Status Bar since for some reason, I didn't have one when I installed Lavafox, which I've contacted Zigboom about that and have been using custom css for that.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-06-24, 07:30

It's always possible that you ran into a rare occasion (because of theme/extensions combinations) of the status bar code getting confused.
You can reset it by going into about:config and setting status4evar.firstRun to "true" and restarting the browser (that pref will automatically flip back to false once restarted and the init is complete)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

solariszero

Unread post by solariszero » 2017-06-24, 19:44

Moonchild wrote:It's always possible that you ran into a rare occasion (because of theme/extensions combinations) of the status bar code getting confused.
You can reset it by going into about:config and setting status4evar.firstRun to "true" and restarting the browser (that pref will automatically flip back to false once restarted and the init is complete)
It's fixed now thanks to that! Thank you, Moonchild. :D

leroy

Unread post by leroy » 2018-01-10, 15:17

This problem reappeared in pm 25.3.2 and the suggested solution failed for me.
In pm 25.3.1 the suggested solution succeeded for me under win7.1 32bit.

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin » 2018-01-11, 13:03

Pale Moon 25 is no longer supported -- please update to the current version.
Did you know that moral outrage triggers the pleasure centers of the brain? It's unlikely you can actually get addicted to outrage, but there is plausible evidence that you can become strongly predisposed to it.
Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p002w557/episodes/downloads - "The cooperative species" and "Behaving better online"

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2018-01-12, 02:54

leroy wrote:This problem reappeared in pm 25.3.2 and the suggested solution failed for me.
In pm 25.3.1 the suggested solution succeeded for me under win7.1 32bit.
If in case you are using this older version because you are using Windows XP then you might want to
check this thread. There are two versions available from the current PM 27 that were set up to run on XP.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16241&start=120

You may need to go back a page or two to find the links. ;)
You really shouldn't be using such an old version and as you can see,
you won't receive any help from the forum due to it being unsupported. 8-)
Last edited by Thehandyman1957 on 2018-01-12, 02:55, edited 1 time in total.