Roboform stopped working after 27.0.3 Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
apricoto

Roboform stopped working after 27.0.3

Unread post by apricoto » 2017-04-16, 22:09

I have not been able to update Palemoon since 27.0.3. Roboform ver 7.9.28,password manager no longer identifies web pages in PM versions after 27.0.3. I have written Siber Systems (Roboform) about this, and after 2 months they have admitted that they are spending most of their time on the newer rf ver8 (which I do not intend to upgrade to ) and that PM doesn't have enough users to get them to spend time finding the problem.

Unfortunately this leaves me with 3 options:
1. don't update PM past 27.0.3
2. find another password manager (I believe this will be a huge task, trying to export/import passwords successfully)
3. start using a different browser (ie Chrome, which is the only one that equals PM in speed.)

not a happy set of choices.
I don't suppose that there is some change that can be made in PM that will get it working with RF again?

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Roboform stopped working after 27.0.3

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-04-17, 01:12

It appears your version of Roboform (v7) will reportedly not work with Chrome, according to their FAQ, Roboform is requiring users to upgrade to version 8 to fix this. :eh:
Roboform FAQ wrote:Q: RoboForm disappeared with the latest version of Chrome.
A: This is a known issue with RoboForm & Chrome and we have released a new version.
Please install the latest version
I would expect that most password managers would be pretty good at providing migration.... :think: (which currently seems your best option among the 3 you listed, considering the above revelation).
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-04-17, 01:49

FWIW, I would add that in my view a likely greater potential risk would presumably be present using an older version of any PWM.... :think: :idea:
Off-topic:
Personally I've never been inclined to use Password Managers.
Links FYI:
Should You Use a Password Manager?
How secure is #Roboform? The 5 minute challenge.
What LastPass security issue means for RoboForm (Q&A)
among others...
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN10 | I5 CPU, 1.7 GHz, 6GB RAM, 500GB HD[20GB SSD]
Formerly user Pale Moon Rising - to provide context involving embedded reply threads.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Trapper
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Trapper » 2017-04-17, 03:29

apricoto wrote: Unfortunately this leaves me with 3 options:
1. don't update PM past 27.0.3
2. find another password manager (I believe this will be a huge task, trying to export/import passwords successfully)
3. start using a different browser (ie Chrome, which is the only one that equals PM in speed.)

not a happy set of choices.
The solution is very simple actually.

I found myself in the same position with LastPass, being forced to use old (insecure) versions, always trying to find work arounds, hacking xpi's, etc, etc, none of which was ideal. I finally switched to Sticky Password, and now realize I should have done this a year ago. Sticky Password is wonderful, it's secure, works perfectly, and has the capability to import your existing database from LastPass, Roboform, etc. very easily. Most importantly... STICKY PASSWORD OFFICIALLY SUPPORTS PALE MOON (x86). It's like a breath of fresh air (for me), not stressing anymore trying to maintain a broken, insecure pile of crap.

I think we sometimes get so attached (fixated) to what we're used to using that we stubbornly refuse to consider other viable & working options. This might be one of those situations. I know it was for me. ;)

apricoto

Unread post by apricoto » 2017-04-19, 03:38

I have tried installing roboform ver 8. it doesn't work any better with PM than ver 7 did.
I have tried installing Lastpass, but it wouldn't install in PM, giving an error about jetpack/sdk extension not supported.
I have tickets in with both of them, though I don't expect solutions.

btw, I did look at stickypass, but apparently it isn't available for my android tablet. or my windows phone.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-04-19, 07:31

apricoto wrote:I have tried installing roboform ver 8. it doesn't work any better with PM than ver 7 did.
I think that they are only interested in working with Chrome (see my previous post on this).
apricoto wrote:I have tried installing Lastpass, but it wouldn't install in PM, giving an error about jetpack/sdk extension not supported.
jetpack isn't supported by Pale Moon but in these cases this has been mentioned several places in the forum which you can try this compatibility tool (in this example it is in regards to another extension, but same principle presumably applies) just plugin "Lastpass" (save to desktop and install via tool's options):
coffeebreak wrote:But if you care to try it out, it can be installed using the *Moon Tester Tool. (Save Insomnia to desktop, then install using the Tester Tool's options.)

*If you use the Tester Tool, please read PMkit documentation and take note that it's experimental/for testing.
apricoto wrote:I have tickets in with both of them, though I don't expect solutions.
Of course problem tickets won't help in regards to jetpack extensions since the issue is that they are not supported by Pale Moon, for this, yes you're right to not expect a solution. ;)

Doelli
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Doelli » 2017-04-19, 20:25

RoboForm 7.9.26.6 works perfectly for me by using Pale Moon 27.2.1 (32-bit) . So i recomend a Downgrade...

apricoto

Unread post by apricoto » 2017-04-26, 00:54

Doelli wrote:RoboForm 7.9.26.6 works perfectly for me by using Pale Moon 27.2.1 (32-bit) . So i recomend a Downgrade...
don't have rf 7.9.26, but do have 7.9.22.2. I installed that version and had the same problem when using pm 27.2.1. rf doesn't recognize pages.

I wonder why it seems to work ok for you.

Trippynet
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Trippynet » 2017-04-26, 07:45

It's very strange. I use Roboform at work and home, same version of the plugin and Pale Moon.

At home, it works fine. At work, doesn't recognise web pages properly to fill forms. Very strange (and rather annoying).

apricoto

Unread post by apricoto » 2017-04-26, 19:37

Trippynet wrote:It's very strange. I use Roboform at work and home, same version of the plugin and Pale Moon.

At home, it works fine. At work, doesn't recognise web pages properly to fill forms. Very strange (and rather annoying).
wow. seems like that should be a clue. though it isn't obvious what it is!

same antivirus, add-ons, etc, on both systems?

edit: I just tried disabling all add-ons and plugins, except for roboform, updated palemoon and downgraded rf to 27.0.3. same problem. doesn't recognize webpages.
not a matter of not filling in forms. rf doesn't know what website is on the screen. i can click on a login in rf, palemoon will go to that page, but rf doesn't recogmize that it is there. always shows the same page in the rf taskbar (even though I am not actually at that site).
Last edited by apricoto on 2017-04-26, 20:03, edited 1 time in total.

Pallid Planetoid
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Pallid Planetoid » 2017-04-26, 19:45

Not really so strange.... Your work-place is in some way blocking the way the add-on applies the use of forms. :idea:

Are you able to properly fill forms at work with the add-on disabled?

MarkRH

Unread post by MarkRH » 2017-04-27, 05:16

I've had a ticket with Roboform Support and this was their last response:
Olivia replied (2017/04/23 02:27 am EDT)
Hello, Mark. Thanks for your message and your notice of the issue.
Pale Moon is now based on engine of its own that used to be based on Firefox engine initially but seems to differ more and more
from the Firefox engine with every Pale Moon update so we cannot guarantee RoboForm will start working in Pale Moon again.
Our developers are aware of the problem with RoboForm in Pale Moon. Please bear with us.
Thanks in advance and sorry for your inconvenience.
So, it may or may not start working again in it. While Firefox is still my main browser, I have had Pale Moon installed for some time.

apricoto

Unread post by apricoto » 2017-04-27, 17:47

I have also had a ticket in with RF for last 2 months. the last reply from them was less optimistic than yours. They mentioned that something changed in PM causing the problem, and since PM doesn't have many users there is little chance that they will spend time making RF work with it.

I use PM because FF is significantly slower loading web pages. There are no features in FF that are an advantage over PM. Chrome can match PM in page loading speed, but I find the way that Chrome handles tabs to be frustrating, and there is nothing like tabmixplus available as addon.

If I could figure out how to get FF to speed up I would use it. I posted on the Mozilla site about ff slowness and didn't get any practical responses. One about maybe it was my AV. but I have the same issue on two different computers, running different av's. and I tried disabling the av. didn't matter.

Philip Goddard

Unread post by Philip Goddard » 2017-09-08, 17:00

Sticky Password!

I'd like to underline Trapper852's recommendation of Sticky Password as a truly excellent and indeed superior replacement for Roboform. Having at last tried upgrading to Roboform 8 (now the desktop version is free), but finding that it doesn't support PM at all, I was quite dismayed, but at least then could export my RF data in a usable form, which one could not do in RF7.

Weirdly, I'd read a review of 6 password managers in Web User magazine just two days before, in which Sticky Password was given First Choice, with Roboform second. I found that SP Free (no cloud sync) looked to have the functionality I wanted, so installed it, and was quite amazed at its transparency in use, making most logins much smoother than when using RF. I did have an issue with a moderate proportion of the imported logins, because their URLs had in some cases been simplified to the main site URL rather than the requisite login or forum page, so each time I got one of those come up I had to stop and edit its URL. But once I'd done that for any login, further use of it worked like magic. It makes RF seem very old-fashioned and clunky now. Indeed, when I loaded this forum in PM just now, which I hadn't visited for some time, I found to my surprise that I was already logged in, without having noticed a login at all!

So pleased that I found it, and heartily recommend it to all PM users (and of course others)!

brightwood83

Got RoboForm working in Pale Moon 27.5.1

Unread post by brightwood83 » 2017-10-18, 00:47

RoboForm Version 7.9.28.8 (en-english, ENU) Feb 24 2017 09:35:27
Pale Moon Version: 27.5.1 (32-bit)
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1

I've got it working, at least for now. You need to use RoboForm 7, as version 8 does not work with Pale Moon AFAICT.

You can download the installers for RoboForm 7 here: https://www.roboform.com/version-7-old

Once RoboForm is installed and working, and (if you've been using it for awhile) you've confirmed all your data is there, there are 2 ways you can get the RoboForm toolbar attached to Pale Moon.

1. GUI Method: Open Roboform Options from the context menu, select "Browser Integration" from the sidebar, click the button marked "Firefox-based browsers", drag the puzzle-piece icon to the Pale Moon window and drop it there. Click the "Install Now" button on the "Software Installation" dialogue box when it comes up.

2. Manual Method: Open the Pale Moon Add-On Manager (Tools / Add-ons if Menu Bar is enabled). Click the 3-line menu icon in the upper right corner of the browser window, and select "Install add-on from file" from the drop-down menu. Navigate to the "AI RoboForm" directory where RoboForm is installed (mine was at C:\Program Files (x86)\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm), and select the "roboform.xpi file. Click the "Install Now" button on the "Software Installation" dialogue box when it comes up.

RoboForm Toolbar should open in its usual location.

This was on a very clean Pale Moon installation. I'd just heard about Pale Moon and installed it for the first time. YMMV.

Eifelkraut

Unread post by Eifelkraut » 2018-01-30, 21:48

Ladies and gentlemen,

with my pale moon browser 27.7.1 (64-bit) RoboForm can no longer be integrated and does not work anymore.
I don't want to change the browser.
Is there an Pale Moon - Update that will be available again in the Pale moon browser?

Otherwise I have to change the password manager and that would be a pity.

With kind regards and in advance best thanks
Kräutchen from Western Germany

weamish

Unread post by weamish » 2018-06-28, 02:10

Trapper852 wrote:STICKY PASSWORD OFFICIALLY SUPPORTS PALE MOON x86
During the install process it says the 64-bit version of PM is not supported, and suggests trying to adjust the Supported Browser settings. But I don't see anything to adjust. Is anyone using this with 64-bit PM?
Last edited by weamish on 2018-06-28, 02:13, edited 1 time in total.

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by adesh » 2018-06-29, 16:42

Roboform is an extension (not a plugin), so architecture (32/64 bit) should not matter at all.

Trapper
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Trapper » 2018-06-30, 03:05

weamish wrote:
Trapper852 wrote:STICKY PASSWORD OFFICIALLY SUPPORTS PALE MOON x86
During the install process it says the 64-bit version of PM is not supported, and suggests trying to adjust the Supported Browser settings. But I don't see anything to adjust. Is anyone using this with 64-bit PM?
Sticky Password for Windows only supports Pale Moon x86 (NOT x64)
Sticky Password for Windows supports these browsers:

32-bit + 64-bit

Microsoft Internet Explorer
Mozilla Firefox
Google Chrome

32-bit

Chromium
Opera
Seamonkey
Yandex
Comodo Dragon
Pale Moon
See here
https://www.stickypassword.com/help/sup ... owsers-101

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-06-30, 03:55

adesh wrote:Roboform is an extension (not a plugin), so architecture (32/64 bit) should not matter at all.
It depends on whether it needs to talk to binary components or not. If it does, then architecture does matter.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite