Team

Users and developers helping users with technical Pale Moon issues. Please direct questions about the Linux version to the appropriate Linux board.

Moderators: satrow, Indalecio

Forum rules
This board is for technical/usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in "technical chat"
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
smolnyn
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Team

Postby smolnyn » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:37 pm

How many developers are actively working building PM?

Sajadi
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Team

Postby Sajadi » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:44 pm

Main developer is Moonchild, but quite some people help with contributing code on Github for example.

But there is for sure a need for more people who can contribute code for example. So, if you know some people who have understanding of that and who would be willing to volunteer - let them know, or if you know a place where you know people could be interested in helping an Open Source project, let them know too.

Pretty sure Moonchild would be happy for every additional help ;)

smolnyn
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Team development PM: One core programmer ? The project has no real future

Postby smolnyn » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:24 pm

Sajadi wrote:Main developer is Moonchild, but quite some people help with contributing code on Github for example.

But there is for sure a need for more people who can contribute code for example. So, if you know some people who have understanding of that and who would be willing to volunteer - let them know, or if you know a place where you know people could be interested in helping an Open Source project, let them know too.

Pretty sure Moonchild would be happy for every additional help ;)

How can a single developer to ensure the maintenance of the code, its development and all matters related to the complexity of a modern browser !? If the future of pm in the hands of one person, although extremely capable, the project has no real future. it would be better to open a subscription to obtain funds with which to pay even part-time developers.I see an analogy with k-meleon, who never bugs, because they simply are not searched.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Team

Postby Moonchild » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:48 pm

Please check your ignorance at the door, thanks.

In other words: read the first point of "rumor control".
Also: The fact that I am pivotal to running this project doesn't mean I'm alone in it. Quite the opposite.

Yes, I do a lot of work. It's more than full-time, all things considered. Most of that is because we could use more help to distribute the workload.
No, people don't have to volunteer for free either. I'll be more than happy to pay developers for work done, as long as they deliver quality work and do so responsibly.

Subscription? And who, do you think, would pay for a browser? And those who pay, do you think they would be satisfied with principle-based, balanced decisions? No, they'd want something that does everything they need, yesterday -- people are already wearing their entitlement on their sleeve for a free product; I can't imagine what that would be like if they actually paid for something.

Just some things to think about as you consider your suggestion and duplicate posts.
Programmer - an organism that turns coffee into software.

Return to “General support”