Dropbox Site not work on Palemoon

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Freakazoid

Dropbox Site not work on Palemoon

Unread post by Freakazoid » 2014-11-06, 14:45

Hi

I have a Problem with Palemoon.

After Login to Dropbox the Site Show this in Palemoon 24.7.1

Now i have Reset Preferences and Addons. Not help.

Take a fresh Install Pale moon 25.0.2 and Not help?

Take a Fresh Firefox Portabel the Site work
Application Basics
------------------

Name: Pale Moon
Version: 25.0.2
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20141021 Firefox/24.9 PaleMoon/25.0.2

Extensions
----------

Important Modified Preferences
------------------------------

browser.cache.disk.parent_directory: C:\Pale Moon\User\Palemoon\Profiles\Default
browser.cache.disk.smart_size.first_run: false
browser.places.smartBookmarksVersion: 4
browser.startup.homepage_override.buildID: 20141021154431
browser.startup.homepage_override.mstone: 25.0.0
extensions.lastAppVersion: 25.0.2
gfx.direct3d.last_used_feature_level_idx: 0
network.cookie.prefsMigrated: true
places.history.expiration.transient_current_max_pages: 104858
plugin.importedState: true
privacy.sanitize.migrateFx3Prefs: true

user.js Preferences
-------------------

Your profile folder contains a user.js file, which includes preferences that were not created by Pale Moon.

Graphics
--------

Adapter Description: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
Adapter Description (GPU #2): NVIDIA GeForce GT 550M
Adapter Drivers: igdumd64 igd10umd64 igd10umd64 igdumd32 igd10umd32 igd10umd32
Adapter Drivers (GPU #2): nvd3dumx,nvwgf2umx,nvwgf2umx nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Adapter RAM: Unknown
Adapter RAM (GPU #2): 1024
Device ID: 0x0116
Device ID (GPU #2): 0x0dd6
Direct2D Enabled: true
DirectWrite Enabled: true (6.2.9200.16571)
Driver Date: 3-20-2014
Driver Date (GPU #2): 3-27-2014
Driver Version: 9.17.10.3517
Driver Version (GPU #2): 9.18.13.3750
GPU #2 Active: false
GPU Accelerated Windows: 1/1 Direct3D 10
Vendor ID: 0x8086
Vendor ID (GPU #2): 0x10de
WebGL Renderer: Google Inc. -- ANGLE (Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 Direct3D9Ex vs_3_0 ps_3_0)
windowLayerManagerRemote: false
AzureCanvasBackend: direct2d
AzureContentBackend: direct2d
AzureFallbackCanvasBackend: cairo

JavaScript
----------

Incremental GC: true

Accessibility
-------------

Activated: false
Prevent Accessibility: 1

Library Versions
----------------

NSPR
Expected minimum version: 4.10.2
Version in use: 4.10.2

NSS
Expected minimum version: 3.16.2.2 Basic ECC
Version in use: 3.16.2.2 Basic ECC

NSSSMIME

NSSSSL

NSSUTIL
Expected minimum version: 3.16.2.2
Version in use: 3.16.2.2

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Dropbox Site not work on Palemoon

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-11-06, 20:05

Dropbox has started enforcing "CSP" - Content Security Policy - in some areas of the world (but not others; seems some parts of the Americas are affected but nobody else at the moment). This restricts usage and display of site content based on specific rules sent by the server you are connecting to.

I'm working on implementing more complete CSP 1.0 spec compatibility in v 25.1 (all but done, actually); currently the implementation is partial and too strict in blocking certain content.
In the interim, you can disable this currently partially implemented feature in the browser by going to about:config and setting security.csp.enable to false.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Freakazoid

Unread post by Freakazoid » 2014-11-06, 20:15

In the interim, you can disable this currently partially implemented feature in the browser by going to about:config and setting security.csp.enable to false.
Thanx. This resolve the Problem. :D

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2014-11-10, 16:35

Thanks for the about:config solution. CSP Dropbox problem confirmed in the UK and Greece, too.

Their default uploader ("enhanced") still requires the Firefox compatibility mode, hope they fix it some day (drag'n'drop works though).

fehmi

Unread post by fehmi » 2014-11-12, 06:36

I run Pale Moon 25.0.2 on 3 different computers; x86 on a Windows 7 laptop, x64 on a Windows 8.1 laptop, and x64 on a Windows 8.1 desktop. Dropbox site doesn't display properly on the Windows 8.1 desktop unless I set security.csp.enable option to false (otherwise it shows just like in the OP). However, the site is rendered properly on the other computers without this setting.

I have tried launching PM in safe mode and clearing cached and offline web content but these did not help. I have exactly the same add-ons and extensions running on all 3 PM installations (the desktop computer has an extra JRE 8 x64 but the other computers do not - that's the only difference). I don't mind using the security.csp.enable option but I wonder what the culprit is.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2014-11-12, 08:57

fehmi wrote:I run Pale Moon 25.0.2 on 3 different computers; x86 on a Windows 7 laptop, x64 on a Windows 8.1 laptop, and x64 on a Windows 8.1 desktop. Dropbox site doesn't display properly on the Windows 8.1 desktop unless I set security.csp.enable option to false (otherwise it shows just like in the OP). However, the site is rendered properly on the other computers without this setting.

I have tried launching PM in safe mode and clearing cached and offline web content but these did not help. I have exactly the same add-ons and extensions running on all 3 PM installations (the desktop computer has an extra JRE 8 x64 but the other computers do not - that's the only difference). I don't mind using the security.csp.enable option but I wonder what the culprit is.
This will be fixed in 25.1.0 (Which should be released on Friday unless a showstopper turns up). Please make sure when you upgrade to flip CSP back on for security reasons.

Bad_Attitude

Unread post by Bad_Attitude » 2015-06-02, 19:16

I just ran into this problem and have to admit to being on the verge of pulling my hair out before I came across this thread. I usually access Dropbox from my N5 or N7 but this morning I tried to log in from my desktop and the log in button is greyed out. Then tried to log in using FF 31.7 ESR and didn't have any problem with the log in button being greyed out which really surprised me because I have FF and PM 25.4.1 setup as close as possible to each other with the same addons and about:config edits. I almost always see the same problem in both browsers and they are usually caused by an adblock filter, addon or about:config edit.

After changing the security.csp.enable option to false in about:config I am able to get into Dropbox just fine. I've reset the entry back to true and at least now I know what's going on.

Long time user and actually registered quite some time ago but had to re-register after deleting one too many passwords a few months back. ;)

kelendral

Unread post by kelendral » 2015-06-03, 17:53

I still had to do this the security.csp.enable false to get dropbox to display correctly on Pale Moon 25.4.1 (x86) when going to page https://www.dropbox.com/s/9p72mdg9ospx7 ... .18.53.png
Without that setting, the screenshot didn't display in the display area and the download button did not function.

I am sorry for the necro but this was the item that came up in the search that actually solved my dropbox issue.

kelendral

Unread post by kelendral » 2015-06-14, 00:21

kelendral wrote:I still had to do this the security.csp.enable false to get dropbox to display correctly on Pale Moon 25.4.1 (x86) when going to page https://www.dropbox.com/s/9p72mdg9ospx7 ... .18.53.png
Without that setting, the screenshot didn't display in the display area and the download button did not function.

I am sorry for the necro but this was the item that came up in the search that actually solved my dropbox issue.
Just a note:
Same issue exists on Pale Moon 25.5.0 on that page.
Same issue also exists on Pale Moon 64bit (at the time I was using 32bit) on that page.

Same workaround is still required of
security.csp.enable false in about:config

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-06-14, 12:13

I've written to Dropbox about this. It seems that some of their datacenters might be sending wrong CSP headers. I'm waiting for a reply at the moment.
Dropbox works perfectly for most other people, so it seems to be something localized/regional.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

kelendral

Unread post by kelendral » 2015-06-14, 23:48

Thanks again Moonchild. You and PM are awesome. Made life leaving Firefox very easy and pleasant while allowing me to continue to work the way I want within my browser. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-06-15, 12:19

So, the initial response to a request to work with us to iron things out was a response that could be summarized in a few choice words that I won't post here because it'd be rather course.
I apologize for the inconvenience, but it looks the browser you are referring to is not supported. You can read about the system requirements in order to run Dropbox here:

https://www.dropbox.com/help/3

We support IE 9+, Chrome, Safari 3+ and Firefox 3+. Unfortunately, we cannot support any other third-party browsers.
Basically they are saying they don't want to make the effort to communicate with us, and don't want to support any but the 4 listed.
Part of me wonders how well their site works in Firefox 3, since they list it :P