Release 29.1.1 problems?

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
procrustes

Release 29.1.1 problems?

Unread post by procrustes » 2021-03-31, 20:17

Just updated from Palemoon 29.1 to 29.1.1 and noticed that my default view had changed to one that did not have a sidebar. NOrmally when I open a new instance of pale moon I like a sidebar showing bookmarks as my default view. Sometimes I know that happens on new versions. So I changed the view to one showing the sidebar with bookmarks then closed the browser. When I opened a new instance, my default view once again went back to a full view without a sidebar. I thought maybe that was a new "feature" of Palemoon. So I went to the release notes of the new version...and noticed they were in Greek alphabet. Is this happening to anyone else. I just changed to 29.1.1 this morning as this was the first notification I had that it was available. I won't switch on my other computers if this was somehow intended.

cannonmc
Moon lover
Moon lover

Re: Release 29.1.1 problems?

Unread post by cannonmc » 2021-03-31, 22:04

Definitely getting the Greek notes. I haven't upgraded as I didn't know what it was upgrading to. I don't read Greek

PS If you like to show all your bookmarks you might like to try

http://www.catsyawn.net/ma2ten/soft/mybookmarks_en.html

I use it as my home page

Mike_Walsh
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by Mike_Walsh » 2021-04-02, 14:34

This is the font in question:-

https://www.omniglot.com/conscripts/wakandan.htm

(It's an "April Fool's" gag. Blame Moonchild..!! :D )

Mike. ;)
Puppy "stuff" ~ MORE Puppy "stuff" ~ ....and MORE! :D

procrustes

Unread post by procrustes » 2021-04-02, 18:38

Upon further reflection....I noticed the forum was offline for a day or two and this morning the font on the release notes was fixed, so thank you! Not sure what was going on with the failure to get the bookmarks. I think I had an old pale moon process running and it wasn't showing up on an open window. So each time I restarted the breowser changes that I applied (the default view of bookmark sidebar) were not taking effect. Once I rebooted the computer my bookmark sidebar was as I wished. So sorry...as a first time poster I had not read carefully the "Please Follow The Forum Rules" post which would have warned me to try rebootin before posting. Thank you.