Current Pale Moon display issue with HTML element "details"/"summary"

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
andikay
Moon lover
Moon lover

Current Pale Moon display issue with HTML element "details"/"summary"

Unread post by andikay » 2021-03-31, 10:44

The current Pale Moon (probably starting with PM 29) does not support the HTML element "details"/"summary" properly. What I mean by this is that the arrow icon left of the text is not shown. This is a problem that did not exist a few versions back. Check the demo provided in the link with PM and then in Firefox/Chrome and you see the difference. I have attached an example image to showcase the issue.
pmff.jpg
Last edited by Moonchild on 2021-03-31, 10:50, edited 1 time in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Current Pale Moon does not support HTML element "details"/"summary" properly

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-03-31, 10:49

It does support the html elements so the topic title is a total miss.
The only issue there seems to be is a display issue.
Also, this is a bug report and not a support request. PLEASE post in the correct boards, people.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Current Pale Moon display issue with HTML element "details"/"summary"

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-03-31, 10:51

andikay wrote:
2021-03-31, 10:44
This is a problem that did not exist a few versions back.
Please provide a version range.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

andikay
Moon lover
Moon lover

Re: Current Pale Moon does not support HTML element "details"/"summary" properly

Unread post by andikay » 2021-03-31, 12:47

Moonchild wrote:
2021-03-31, 10:49
It does support the html elements so the topic title is a total miss.
The only issue there seems to be is a display issue.
Also, this is a bug report and not a support request. PLEASE post in the correct boards, people.
I checked the forums before posting and there are a LOT of categories and sub-forums and none of them seemed to fit. Also, the sub-forum you moved the topic to is most likely not correct, because issues like these are usually related to the software and not the OS.
Moonchild wrote:
2021-03-31, 10:51
andikay wrote:
2021-03-31, 10:44
This is a problem that did not exist a few versions back.
Please provide a version range.
Sorry, I don't know the range. From time to time I work on a website I created last year that uses this HTML element. It was fine last year and I haven't touched the website for over two months. Today I worked on it again and I realized that the arrows were missing.

FranklinDM
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Unread post by FranklinDM » 2021-03-31, 13:31

Affected versions: >= 29.0.0
The arrow is still visible in the last stable version of the previous milestone (v28.17.0).

Screenshots for comparison:
v28.17.0
Screenshot 2021-03-31 212724.png
v29.0.0
Screenshot 2021-03-31 212842.png
Simplified testcase: details.html

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-03-31, 14:41

Thanks, filed as Issue #1757 (UXP).