29.2.0a1 portable -> No navigation or search engine fields

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
JoeyG
Astronaut
Astronaut
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

29.2.0a1 portable -> No navigation or search engine fields

Unread post by JoeyG » 2021-03-27, 15:31

I was notified today (27Mar21) that a new version of 29.2.0a1 portable is available.

I went through my usual routine (which I've done at least 20? times over the years):

1. I went to this page -> https://www.palemoon.org/unstable/
2. downloaded this file -> palemoon-unstable-latest.win64.portable.exe
3. unzipped it into my "test" folder
4. copied everything but the profile (which I deleted) from the "test" folder and - after deleting the old files - pasted the new files into my "regular run folder" (PaleMoonPortableBeta).
5. launched the program from my taskbar shortcut

So far, so good, but when the program opened, the URI and search engine fields were missing.
The image is with a brand-new "vanilla" profile.

I've tested on Win10x64 (my Intel NUC) and Win7x64 (one of the Lenovo S20s).

What else can I do, please, to make sure the problem isn't on my end?

Thank you.
"And you can believe me because I never lie - and I'm always right."
(Asserted by George Leroy Tirebiter* and my wife; only the latter is telling the truth.)
*Firesign Theater version

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: 29.2.0a1 portable -> No navigation or search engine fields

Unread post by billmcct » 2021-03-27, 16:06

Not seeing that: palemoon-unstable-latest.win64.portable I just downloaded shows v29.0.0a6 not 29.2.0a1
screenshot.5.jpg
screenshot.4.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

unknownone
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by unknownone » 2021-03-27, 16:11

I'm having the same exact problem on the non-portable 29.2.0a1 64bit build (windows 10). Additionally the history and bookmarks menu items don't open, neither by hovering the mouse above nor by pressing the keyboard hotkeys.

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by billmcct » 2021-03-27, 16:13

Just downloaded from the EU server and is is indeed 29.2.0a1 and has the same problem as yours.
Different servers different versions.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

JoeyG
Astronaut
Astronaut
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Unread post by JoeyG » 2021-03-27, 16:16

billmcct wrote:
2021-03-27, 16:13
Just downloaded from the EU server and is is indeed 29.2.0a1 and has the same problem as yours.
Different servers different versions.
The version you mentioned above is really old. I have no idea why.
(Asserted by George Leroy Tirebiter* and my wife; only the latter is telling the truth.)

JoeyG
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by JoeyG » 2021-03-27, 16:21

unknownone wrote:
2021-03-27, 16:11
I'm having the same exact problem on the non-portable 29.2.0a1 64bit build (windows 10). Additionally the history and bookmarks menu items don't open, neither by hovering the mouse above nor by pressing the keyboard hotkeys.
I, too, had some other problems, but I attributed them to my normal profile, which I dare not display here for various reasons :crazy: .

It seems clear now that the problem is the Pale Moon update and not only on my machines.

unknownone
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by unknownone » 2021-03-27, 19:28

Another build was pushed and it solved both the navigation and search engine fields missing problem and the history and bookmarks menus not working. Thanks to the developers for such quick fix!
Last edited by unknownone on 2021-03-27, 20:58, edited 1 time in total.

JoeyG
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by JoeyG » 2021-03-27, 20:31

unknownone wrote:
2021-03-27, 19:28
Another build was pushed ...
Thanks to the poster and the devs.