Newspaper article comments won't load

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
fernman

Newspaper article comments won't load

Unread post by fernman » 2020-12-01, 11:55

The comments on articles in The Guardian newspaper will not load on Pale Moon. It has been a problem for a week or two.
The article is OK in Pale Moon but if I want to read the comments below it I am forced to use Internet Explorer (ugh!).

Example page: https://www.theguardian.com/money/2020/ ... n#comments

I am using Pale Moon 28.16.0 (64-bit) on a laptop with Windows 10.

fernman

Re: Newspaper article comments won't load

Unread post by fernman » 2020-12-17, 13:17

Thank you for the link to the earlier post, which did not come up in my search.

I have read it five times and I still don't understand it. In fact, it doesn't appear to me that the problem was ever solved.

However, I am pleased to report that today the Comments are showing as normal. Fingers crossed that the matter is resolved.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Newspaper article comments won't load

Unread post by back2themoon » 2020-12-17, 15:09

It was solved/bypassed, in a slightly complicated way. That solution works, but you are good to go. No need to read it five times btw, just once but very carefully. (this comment and the next one should be enough)