Pale Moon 20: heavy Javasript rendering issues

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
KNTRO

Pale Moon 20: heavy Javasript rendering issues

Unread post by KNTRO » 2013-05-17, 17:47

Hi everyone,

I have a graphics problem with Pale Moon 20.0.1 32 bits on Windows XP Professional SP3 since several weeks ago.

You'll see — There's a heavy Javascript website called Netvibes, which uses web widgets and online embedded feed readers. I began to experiencing rendering issues when displaying the web browser's tab containing Netvibes, if I had some opened tabs. This is what I got. The highlighted green portions are the missing ones. As you can see I only had 8 open tabs: Gmail, Twitter, Netvibes itself, YouTube, 2 news websites, Peacemaker and V8 Benchmark Suite — The latter 2 loaded on testing purpose. I have to hover over the Netvibes missing parts with the mouse in order to make them appear/display properly. This is how it should be displayed all the time.

I first thought it was a website issue, but then I tried this on Mozilla Firefox 21 and it was displaying just fine all same tabs, opened at the same time. The I thought: It must be an add-on related issue, so I disabled all my extensions, restarted Pale Moon 20 and tried again — Same results. Then I tried this using Pale Moon's Safe Mode and even creating a new clean profile. The same buggy results, here and there.

I checked my available RAM and it was 2GB+ when performing these tests, using both Firefox and Pale Moon at the same time, so it's not a memory leak issue either. It's very clear to me than there's an rendering issue with Pale Moon, which is not present in Firefox.

Could you verify this, Moonchild? Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Pale Moon 20: heavy Javasript rendering issues

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-05-17, 20:27

I've poked around the netvibes site (in English) and everything seems to be working just fine - I gave it a good workout, adding/removing widgets, apps and tabs, tried the RSS reader, etc etc etc - all in order, nothing missing when opening other tabs or switching between other heavy graphics site and then back to netvibes.

So I'm sorry to say I can't reproduce or confirm this problem, at all.

Did you double-check that third party programs aren't interfering? Antivirus/firewall/internet security perhaps? Something else that would potentially interfere with either background downloads of dynamic content in the browser or rendering of graphics? Did you make sure to completely restart the browser when switching off graphics acceleration and disabling your add-ons?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2013-05-18, 01:04

I have tried Netvibes the same as Moonchild and no problems whatsoever.
Could be your graphics, disabling hardware acceleration? Could work.

P.S. I might question your banner, though.

KNTRO

Unread post by KNTRO » 2013-05-22, 15:06

Moonchild wrote:I've poked around the netvibes site (in English) and everything seems to be working just fine - I gave it a good workout, adding/removing widgets, apps and tabs, tried the RSS reader, etc etc etc - all in order, nothing missing when opening other tabs or switching between other heavy graphics site and then back to netvibes.

So I'm sorry to say I can't reproduce or confirm this problem, at all.

Did you double-check that third party programs aren't interfering? Antivirus/firewall/internet security perhaps? Something else that would potentially interfere with either background downloads of dynamic content in the browser or rendering of graphics? Did you make sure to completely restart the browser when switching off graphics acceleration and disabling your add-ons?
Hi Moonchild.

Yes, I double checked third party programs. Also restarted manually the web browser after disabling hardware acceleration and add-ons. After closing the web browser I waited 60 seconds in order to be sure that any component of the web browser was fully disabled and closed.
megaman wrote:I have tried Netvibes the same as Moonchild and no problems whatsoever.
Could be your graphics, disabling hardware acceleration? Could work.

P.S. I might question your banner, though.
Hi megaman,

I tried disabling hardware acceleration but the bug persists. :?

I have no idea about why this happens. Any other suggestion?

Thanks in advance.