Printing cuts off the text Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
vrapp2

Printing cuts off the text

Unread post by vrapp2 » 2013-04-11, 18:07

I printed out http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/0 ... _ref=false

The text got cut out at the right side (I tried to attach the pdf printout, but "The extension pdf is not allowed."), even when I printed in landscape mode.

Also tried IE8, with the same result. Chrome however printed it correctly.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Printing cuts off the text

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-04-11, 20:14

I've changed the forum settings to allow PDF files now for convenience, they were previously only allowed in PMs.

As for your issues, sounds like it may be something specific to your printer setup, especially if IE has the same problem (perhaps your default paper size setting is wrong?).

I've printed the document from pale Moon 20.0.1 just now, and it looks perfectly fine (see PDF)
Attachments
Why We Need To Stop Exaggerating The Threat To Cops.pdf
(162.91 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

vrapp2

Re: Printing cuts off the text

Unread post by vrapp2 » 2013-04-12, 17:20

I found that it was caused by "shrink to fit" unchecked in "page setup". Maybe it would be convenient to have it directly in print dialog.