Another Bank website not working properly - ING NL Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
mindwarper

Another Bank website not working properly - ING NL

Unread post by mindwarper » 2019-12-19, 19:08

I am sorry if I have openeda new topic for this, but I felt that it warranted the situation...
I apologise in advanced if I have offended anyone or the rules...

When I previously used PaleMoon 28.8.7 (I think, I have to test) when I tried logging into my bank website - ing.nl all is well...
Now when using the newer version PaleMoon 28.8.8 the login page seems just stuck... (see attachment)
What did I try:
  1. I have checked login credentials in Microsoft Edge browser = all is OK and log in is good.
  2. created a new User Profile in PaleMoon browser --> clean environment, i.e. no Add-ons installed etc... ==> login page still is just stuck
  3. Will now try to downgrade (a few) version(s) of PaleMoon and see what happens...
Just letting you know, so that you are aware of it...
You will certainly come up with a workaround or a fix when it's due...

Thanks for your effort so far...
Attachments
PaleMoon 28.8.8 - ING NL Bank Login page stuck
PaleMoon 28.8.8 - ING NL Bank Login page stuck

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Another Bank website not working properly - ING NL

Unread post by therube » 2019-12-19, 20:42

If you purposely enter incorrect username/password, do you get a message stating so?
Deze inloggegevens kloppen niet.
Controleer je gebruikersnaam en je wachtwoord en probeer het nog eens (maximaal 5 keer). Gebruikersnaam of wachtwoord vergeten?

(Maybe test that in a Private Window.)

mindwarper

Unread post by mindwarper » 2019-12-19, 22:18

It seems to have been resolved...
I have now done a clean install of Windows 10 for second time in 2 days now...

And now it seems to work fine now... Happy (for now)
I have installed now bare minimum drivers to be able to work on the PC and installed Palemon 28.8.0 in an early stage to test.
So Now that it seems to work fine, I will continue finishing installing rest of my drivers and programs after that and test each time...

RoestVrijStaal
Moon lover
Moon lover

Unread post by RoestVrijStaal » 2019-12-20, 00:33

I can't wrap my head around the idea that only a complete reinstallation of the operating system fixes the malfunction of one website at one browser. It's the last last last last last resort solution imho.

Since you were able to reproduce it in a clean Pale Moon profile. I suspect something happened at the internals of your Pale Moon installation (bad plugin, malware, "browsing inceptor" by some antivirus software). You should try to reproduce it in Pale Moon Portable as well when the issue will pop up again.

mindwarper

Unread post by mindwarper » 2019-12-20, 10:43

I have been doing some investigation:
I have determined the cause of it: it was the PDF Plugin for Firefox, etc.. Browser from my PDF program.
I was using a previous version 7.0 of the Program with no issues with the PDF plugin and now in 8.0 version of the PDF program the PDF plugin is a newer version too and causes the issue...

I have now installed the PDF program without the PDF Plugin and all is well...

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Isengrim » 2019-12-21, 12:30

What is the PDF program that you were using?
a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-12-21, 12:42

This would be important for being a potential blocklist candidate if it breaks the web.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

mindwarper

Unread post by mindwarper » 2019-12-21, 15:06

Isengrim wrote:
2019-12-21, 12:30
What is the PDF program that you were using?
Moonchild wrote:
2019-12-21, 12:42
This would be important for being a potential blocklist candidate if it breaks the web.
I used to use PDF X-Change Editor 7.x version with the plugin without any issues...
Now I currently have installed version 8.0.334 of PDF X-Change with the plugin ==> issue is there...
Without the plugin used during installation of the PDF program the issue is gone...
Oh well maybe better to work with browser now with no plugins at all. It is more secure that way...