Another Banking site not working

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
4DPrinter

Another Banking site not working

Unread post by 4DPrinter » 2019-12-15, 19:55

I tried to access VW-Bank (Germany) - but the login-page returns completely empty.
I use Pale Moon a lot, and this is the first site I ever had a real problem with...

https://banking.vwfs.de/PBODE-FE-UI/#/login

Firefox works. But with Palemoon it didn't work (tried Windows and Linux).

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Another Banking site not working

Unread post by Tomaso » 2019-12-15, 23:20

Code: Select all

ReferenceError: AbortController is not defined
Seems to be some sort of regression in v28.8.0, because the page loads just fine in v28.7.2.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-12-15, 23:36

The "regression" being that 28.7 identified itself as an older version of Firefox in Firefox compatibility mode.
The bank probably needs a site-specific user-agent override to fix this. Try a Firefox 60 one.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tomaso » 2019-12-15, 23:55

I already tried a few UA overrides, before posting earlier, but I was unable to find one that fixed the problem.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2019-12-15, 23:56

Moonchild wrote:
2019-12-15, 23:36
probably needs a site-specific user-agent override to fix this. Try a Firefox 60 one.
Same result as Tomaso. FF60 override doesn't fix it; still blank page with same console error.
Likewise with SSUAOs for FF 71, 68, 52, for current Chrome, and PM's native UA.
And the site does display here in 28.7.2.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-12-16, 00:20

Then they probably do "spot-check" feature detection (i.e. testing for one particular feature and assuming it is Browser X or Y based on the result).
If it was a UA check it would be easy to fool, but not otherwise.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite