Investigation Discovery shows seem not to work in both Pale Moon and Basilisk.

The place to report Pale Moon specific bugs on the Windows operating system.
Tharthan
Lunatic
Lunatic

Investigation Discovery shows seem not to work in both Pale Moon and Basilisk.

Post by Tharthan » 2019-09-18, 16:09

Unless someone here has cable, and has Investigation Discovery as a part of their plan, they won't be able to see this for themselves, but:

https://www.investigationdiscovery.com/tv-shows/homicide-hunter-joe-kenda/full-episodes/cynthia

After logging in to my cable provider (which I have to do if I want to watch the episode), the video never loads.

This is frustrating, because this is the last season of this show, and the longer that I am unable to watch it, the more of a needless backlog of episodes that I will have to catch up on.

Does anyone here know what's going on?
"This is a war against individuality and intelligence. Only thing we can do is stand strong."adesh, 9 January 2020

moonbat
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Investigation Discovery shows seem not to work in both Pale Moon and Basilisk.

Post by moonbat » 2019-09-19, 00:06

Anything unusual in the error or javascript console when you load the page?
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 19.3 Xfce x64 on HP i5 laptop with 4 GB RAM, always latest versions of PM & Basilisk unless specified.

Tharthan
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Investigation Discovery shows seem not to work in both Pale Moon and Basilisk.

Post by Tharthan » 2019-09-19, 23:08

moonbat wrote:
2019-09-19, 00:06
Anything unusual in the error or javascript console when you load the page?
What would qualify as unusual, here?
"This is a war against individuality and intelligence. Only thing we can do is stand strong."adesh, 9 January 2020

Tharthan
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: [SOLVED] Investigation Discovery shows seem not to work in both Pale Moon and Basilisk.

Post by Tharthan » 2019-09-19, 23:42

Alright, so the problem is solved.

I didn't know how to export error console information, so I was taking screenshots and stitching together an image which showed the whole log. Whilst doing this, Pale Moon eventually resolved the issue itself somehow, and whatever module (am I using the right word here?) was causing the issue (or whatever modules) eventually loaded.

So the problem seems to be solved. Unless the commercial breaks mid-episode (you know how that works) cause things to not work right, it seems as if it ought to be fine.

This thread can now be closed.