Startpage not working from search bar

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Mom-Kat

Startpage not working from search bar

Unread post by Mom-Kat » 2019-09-02, 01:23

In the last couple days I've had this weird thing happening when I try to do a Startpage search from the search bar. I type in my keywords to search and click the spyglass and I get the result in startpage glitch1.png. - It returns the "Sorry, there are no results for this search." It makes no difference what I input in the search bar, I get the same result. However, if I then click the spy glass on the actual page, it will search the terms normally as in startpage glitch2.png. :wtf:

Win 7 Pro 64 bit, Pale Moon 28.7.0

I installed Startpage with the Manage Search Engines > Get more search engines option in Pale Moon. The problem began and remains even though I updated to Pale Moon v28.7.0 today. I tried removing and reinstalling the search engine - no change. I've contacted Startpage about this, and have sent them the same information as I posted here.

I'm going to guess that they changed something in their engine that caused this, as one day it was fine, the next it was wonky and nothing at all changed on my end in that time period.

Any more informed guesses or advice would be appreciated, including anything I could pass on to Startpage.

Thanks and I love my Pale Moon :clap:
Attachments
startpage glitch1.png
startpage glitch2.png

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Startpage not working from search bar

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-09-02, 01:26

Update your startpage search plugin. (remove+re-add)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tomaso » 2019-09-02, 11:49

Like pointed out before; the Startpage plugin @ palemoon.org/search-plugins is actually broken/outdated.
You need to install it from here:
https://www.startpage.com/en/search/dow ... lugin.html

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-09-02, 12:29

The searchplugin on addons.palemoon.org has been updated.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Mom-Kat

Unread post by Mom-Kat » 2019-09-03, 03:49

Moonchild wrote:
2019-09-02, 12:29
The searchplugin on addons.palemoon.org has been updated.
That was it. :thumbup:

Thank you very much. :clap: I know that with so much to do in the way of upkeep, these little things sometimes get lost along the way. It was just a minor annoyance, but I'm glad it's fixed.

Still love my Pale Moon. :D