Video shrinks (youtube, dailymotion...)

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
iBenny

Video shrinks (youtube, dailymotion...)

Unread post by iBenny » 2019-05-20, 21:13

Hi

with PM 28.5 (64) in Windows 10, since one month the full screen videos shrinks and the background of youtube page shows at the right and bottom depending of the PM windows size.

Here under per example, the right and bottom bars are the background of the youtube page showing due to the video shrinkage.

A new bug ?

It does the same in PM safe mode...

Best regards
iBenny

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Video shrinks (youtube, dailymotion...)

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2019-05-20, 23:06

That doesn't happen for me. (PM 28.5.0, Win 7 x86)

YouTube (link).
(and for info, fullscreen looked the same with both classic and new YT layouts)
YT-fullscreen-loggedin.png
Dailymotion (link).
DM-fullscreen.png

What happens if you use a new profile ?

iBenny

Youtube window problems

Unread post by iBenny » 2019-07-13, 22:47

Hi

Since couple of months, PM have problems displaying youtube pages and full screen videos by not filling the entire PM windows. Almost always, there is a "blank" border around youtube video pages (not full screen), and a white border (vertical band) at right of full screen videos and very often a bottom border too. I have presently v 28.6.0.1 64bit PM.

Any documented bug like this one so far ?

Many thanks.

Best regards,
iBenny

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Youtube window problems

Unread post by vannilla » 2019-07-13, 23:32

Have you tried safe mode?
Can you post your troubleshooting informations?
Do you use an override for the user agent string that is not the default one? If not, do you have a compatibility string (Firefox or Gecko) or the Native one?
I'm not getting anything strange in full screen, by the way.

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2019-07-14, 12:13

URL?
And screenshots of what you're seeing?
What is your browser zoom level at youtube?

Off-topic:
I'd like to thank you for bringing tears to my eyes, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k9MpD1gM14

iBenny

Unread post by iBenny » 2019-07-21, 18:11

Sorry for the late reply ! I haven't received any email notice about your comments...

Hi guys !

Vanilla, I have NO idea of what you're talking about so, the answer to your question must be "no" ! The troubleshooting infos are added down below.

Here are some shots :
1- Normal window :

2- After having moved the PM window right side a tid bit and back :

3- Zoom parameters :

4- Full screen video; notice the right vertical white band (hard to see but copy/paste in Irfanview) :

5- Troublesome full screen after having moved the right side of PM windows as in pic #2; note the loss of bottom video where the mouse can navigate and interact with the hidden progress bar :

Regarding the YouTube video res parameters, it is set to "automatic" thus, in this case, set to 1080 HD res. and the video mode is "cinema". Firefox don't have this problem...

Many thanks for you insights

Best regards
iBenny
Attachments
Pale Moon Troubleshooting.pdf
(130.66 KiB) Downloaded 15 times

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-07-23, 20:55

Moving this to general support since it's not a clear browser bug report that can be acted on.
Also, merged the two(!) threads about the same topic by the same poster into one. Please don't open news threads for the same issue.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

iBenny

Unread post by iBenny » 2019-07-24, 18:57

Thanks Moonchild for the merge ! I forgot I had opened one before and found it afterward.

iBenny

tonyburgos

Unread post by tonyburgos » 2019-07-25, 15:21

Hi
In my case I use the browser and place the videos on the whole screen and I have not had any problem with video shrinks in the different video platforms

iBenny

Unread post by iBenny » 2019-07-28, 03:18

Meaning what tonyburgos ? that you experienced my problem ?

iBenny